Integrating within a website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integrating within a website

I have re-developed our website recently and want the actinic store to look like it is part of the site - even though it is on a different server.
    I know I can't use SSI so I have adapted the ACT_Primary.html file to include common components (trad banner across top of screen and menu on the left).
    I have a few outstanding problems though...
    • The changes to ACT-Primary.html only seem to affect the .pl pages - does that mean I have to manually adjust the other pages (index.html, gifts.html etc)?
    • One div on the screen (left side, 175px wide) has a background image all through our site, but this will not show up. Maybe I'm incorrectly referencing the image? My code is
      Code:
      <div id="left" style="z-index: 1; position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 175px; padding: 1em; height: 370px; background-image:url('goldsidepanel.jpg"); visibility: visible"; background-repeat:no-repeat;" >
    • Although I have tried to define the font face and sizes in a style command within the <head> section, they are ignored - not sure why?

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Sorry, shoudl add this is version 5 Actinic Catalog.

To get the look and feel even across your Actinic site, you need to edit
    Act_BrochurePrimary.html ( Home / index & Brochure pages )
    Act_Primary.html ( catalog pages )
    Act_PrimaryCheckout.html ( Checkout pages )

It would be better to check in Design | Options | Layouts as to what templates you are using for the various areas of the store and make changes accordingly.

The image you mention, is it stored in the Site1 folder of your Actinic Store. This will also have to be added to Advanced | Additional files to enable Actinic to upload it to your server and make it visible online. Try adding the image to the PreviewHTML folder to enable local preview.

With regards to the font / style issue, it would be best to make these changes in the actinic.css template ( note, this will be in your Site1 folder only if using either Slimline or Business CSS themes, else available in the Formats | Themes folder ). Actinic uses Span classes, perhaps comment these out and use your font tags and check how it appears.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

You should really be moving all the inline CSS styling into the external style sheet to make maintenance much simpler and speed rendering times in the browser

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
        I had tried to persuade the pages to read the css file from the main website but as that failed and I couldn't see an actinic one (not sure where it was hiding) I ended up putting the code within each page - will look for the actinic.css file and play with that.

Comment

You can attach any stylesheet you need to the 3 templates as mentioned by Bruce above (or the versions you have in place on the site)

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Well I have no idea which template it was using - so I re-built using the office CSS template and it's working now.

I have a few style problems to resolve, and cannot find the Act_PrimaryCheckout.html file, but I'm getting there.

Comment

Thats my fault, i was using v7 terminology!! v5 uses Act_primary.html in teh checkout too.

Regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X