Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantity input box depending on weight

Hi Folks

I am setting up an online store where I have products sold depending on weight.

So example Product A would look like:

Product A
    Image here
    Description here
    1Kg Cost £3.50 -> first quantity input box here
    2Kg Cost £4.60 -> second quantity input box here
    3Kg Cost £5.60 -> third quantity input box here

Is this possible to achieve with Actinic Version 7

Many thanks for your support,

Best Reagards

Max

You can use a fragment to describe the product and then create a product for each weight, giving each the correct price, then you can change the settings on the section to have only 1 add to cart button per page and you will have more or less exactly what you want.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

To get this, you would create product A as a full product with image description etc, the 1kg packaging and pricing.
      Below that, on the same page have two other "products" for the different packaging sizes. Use the compact product layout for these.

Each "product" can have its own "Add to Cart" button, or you can use the single add to cart button setting to only have the one button at the end of the page.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

compact product layout

Hi wjcampbe,

I am trying to find information about the compact product layout, but I can not find it inside the Advanced User Guide or in the Starter Guide.

Is there a URL I can download it from?

Many many thanks

Max

Comment

You will find it among the layout options when you have the product highlighted. On the Layout tab, click the arrow beside Product Layout - it may be called 'No image - laid out in rows".
          Bill

Comment

Compact Layout

Hi wjcampbe,

I see now where the layout option is. Would it work so that the layout would look like this:

http://www.chilimonkey.com/actinic/to_show.html

At the moment I have a product section with three test products. They are displayed in three columns, but if I chose the No Image Laid out in rows layout than I lose the 3 columns format.

Many thanks for your help so far,

Max

Comment

[EDIT] I wrote the response below and then realised you want a single add to cart button to span three rows in each column - that kills it - sorry, not possible.

It should be possible if the compact items are VERY compact. You would need to copy the existing compact layout and in your copy, modify your copy and add the javascript that handles the columns.

Then on your page set it out as Prod1 Full, prod2 full, prod3 full, prod1 1st compact, prod2 1st compact, prod3 1st compact, prod1 2nd compact... etc
              Bill

Comment

buy now on different quantity input box

Hi wjcampbe,

I see now. Do you know if it would be possible to have three quantity input box and a buy now button for each input box.

It that case I think it would be still ok, but I will still need to span three rows in each column wont I. Is that going to be possible to achieve in Version 7

many thanks,

max

Comment

Max,

This will not be possible in either v7 or v8. The best approach will be the compact product layout. You need to look in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Starter Guide .. Design Guide.pdf page 23.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X