Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Payment Option Selected on an Order

Hi All,

Any ideas on this. A customer placed an order over the w/end and selected to pay via PROTX as normal, however they then drop out of paying as we got a failure notice from PROTX. When the order was downloaded and the other were cleared and dealt with I noticed that the payment option did not show PROTX but "Invoice And Payment Before Delivery" this would be fine if it were an option in the fist place.

We offer 4 options:

1. PROTX
    2. Payment By Cheque
    3. Paypal
    4. Tradepro (we phone them after they place the order for there card details)

So, how did mr X manage to select an option that we dont offer.

Any Help would be great.
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    Landscape Garden Machinery, Power Tools and Safety Equipment

Lee,

Have you had other "Payment by Cheque" purchases that show this wording in the payment option?

It is possible that the original "Invoice and Payment before Delivery" has been used to create the "Payment by Cheque" option - check in View | Business Settings, find the row that refers to Cheque and see what is the base option in the left hand column. You should find your website option description "Payment by Cheque" in the second column.

If this is what happened, then you would need to find and change the associated Design | Text entries to suit your needs.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your help, I have never seen this text before, I have attached two screen shots the first shows the order in the progress and payments section, it shows a 5th option! being the "Invoice and payment before delivery" the second pic shows my payment options in business settings.

Whilst I am not too concerned, it does make me wonder how this happened.
      Attached Files
      Many Thanks
      Lee

Comment

Lee,

Please ignore order number : BKTEST10003719, you will find that this one too has the other payment method. I got through without selecting a payment method. You are using the work around in the AUG to display prices in different formats.

Please check the amended code to see if you have CHECKED in the last line
        <INPUT TYPE='RADIO' NAME='PAYMENTMETHOD' VALUE='%s' CHECKED>%s<BR>
        The reason for this payment method being selected is because none of the offered ones are selected by default and hence Actinic is taking the default fall back method to enable you to take the order but dispatch at your discretion.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your help, the code i have is the following:

<INPUT TYPE='RADIO' NAME='PAYMENTMETHOD' VALUE='%s' CHECKED>%s<BR>

This seems to be the same as yours, so still not sure what to do. if need be I will have to revert back to a drop down, the only problem is that customers who use the scroll on the mouse end up selecting the wrong payment method!
          Many Thanks
          Lee

Comment

To cure the scroll mouse problem, you can add a small image (dummy button) beside the dropdown that says click here to confirm your choice. Once they have clicked outside the select, the scroll will no longer move the dropdown.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi,

Many thanks for your time with this, I think I will do as Bill says. As always a simple idea often solves the biggest problems!
              Many Thanks
              Lee

Comment

Working...
              X