Integrating Nochex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integrating Nochex

I have nochex set up with my website, which happily accepts payment and sends me and customer confirmation emails. But it doesn't register as payment received in Actinic.

I've had a big search of these forums for how to fix it and I've come across quite a few other people with the same problem but no actual solution.

Have I missed something? Is there a way to fix this, or is this a bug in actinic?

I've got a regular seller account with Nochex. And have it configured through Business Settings | Payment and Security

Is there anything that can be done to get this working?
    Caite
    www.tuppys.co.uk

well I contacted nochex to ask if there was anything I needed to set their end to make this work and got the following response:

"We recommend that you confirm with Actinic if you have setup their software correctly.

Please click on the following link to read all about our APC feature: http://help.nochex.com/esupport/inde...details&_i=104

Once you have tested the APC using http://www.nochex.com/nochex.dll/apc/testapc and received an AUTHORISED response from our server they you can apply for APC functionality on your Nochex account. All you have to do (once you have tested the APC) is send in your email address and responder URL to us and we will APC enable your account."

As I understand it from other conversations in the forum, Actinic is supposed to do all that APC stuff for you? Is that right? So have I now hit the brick wall that everyone else has hit - Nochex say they need a responder URL, Actinic say they don't????
    Caite
    www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

Welcome to the brick wall.

This is the same problem that I had and have never managed to sort it.

Actinic say that I need to contact Nochex.

Nochex say that I need to speak to Actinic.

I do not believe that these companies ever talk to each other.

I now use a merchant account through Protx which resulted in Nochex losing my business.

Kind regards

Jason
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Suggest you follow Petesouthwest's thread - let's see if he reports success, following return to the original templates.

does not seem to be much sense in having two threads on the same basic question.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I did have a look at Petesouthwest's thread, but I couldn't even understand what he was asking - he seems to be going into quite complicated templates that I would never dare mess with!

Thanks for your comments Jason - think yours was one of the threads I found with the same problem and no solution! Is protx integrated with Actinic in the same way nochex is supposed to be? Is it similar pricewise? It does look as though that could be the only way around this.

Have to say, it's pretty off when a product as expensive as Actinic claims to be integrated with Nochex as part of it's product outline, but then turns out not to be and unsupported when it's too late and you've paid your cash.
          Caite
          www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

caite,

Pete's messing around with the scripts was neither necessary nor helpful (Sorry Pete, but its true). Actinic's responsibility on the integration extends to just this -

They sold Nochex an integration kit so that Nochex could write an integration script, and then Actinic included the script that Nochex said was finished and complete into the Actinic Programme distribution.

Protx costs are GBP 20.00 plus VAT per month for up to 1000 transactions. Their integration documentation is first class - was it Jason who reported starting the install at 9am Monday, completing testing requirements and switching to live Protx by 12 noon same day?
            Last edited by wjcampbe; 01-Aug-2006, 06:14 PM. Reason: spelling - wish the keyboard had moved - but it hadn't
            Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill - it does look as though the only real option is give up, doesn't it!

Although I should add, I'm not trying to do anything fancy and I don't have a merchant account. I'm just trying to get the bog standard Actinic function to work. It seems very bizarre that for some people it works perfectly, yet a sizable number of people have exactly the same problem - I'd have though that there must be a fixable bug somewhere!
              Caite
              www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

And you did the OCCUpgrade.ini increment?
                Bill

Comment

Sorry Bill, now you're talking in a foreign language to me!

Could you explain that very slowly in words of one syllable?
                  Caite
                  www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

Every time you add or remove a provider from the PSP list in View | Business Settings, you need to find and open OCCUpgrade.ini (with Actinic closed) and change the version number upward (adding at least 1 to the value you find when you open the file), then save and close. Restarting Actinic, it recognises that you have made a change and rewrites the required script variables ready for upload to the site in your next upload or (preferrably) refresh.

OCCUpgrade.ini is to be found in the OCCUpgrade folder inside your Actinic site folder.
                    Bill

Comment

Darn it. No luck - still comes through as payment pending.

My OCCUpgrade folder is not within the Site folder - it was just in the top level Actinic folder - could that be a problem or is that where it's supposed to be?
                      Caite
                      www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by caite
                        Thanks Bill - it does look as though the only real option is give up, doesn't it!

Although I should add, I'm not trying to do anything fancy and I don't have a merchant account. I'm just trying to get the bog standard Actinic function to work. It seems very bizarre that for some people it works perfectly, yet a sizable number of people have exactly the same problem - I'd have though that there must be a fixable bug somewhere!
                        I agree, its appalling when you consider how many people on here are saying there is a problem, and both Actinic and Nochex say the integratraion is seemless!

I started messing with the scripts because I felt I had no choice, Actinic say the scripts are fine, Nochex say they not, Supanames (my host) says from their perspective everything should work. Nochex say they need a responder url, Actinic says 'whats that?' (search on the forum).

I have now spent 3 days trying to get to the bottom of this and to be honest I'm far from impressed with either Nochex or Actinic Technical support.

The script template DOES need modifying if you want to keep your company identy and have your own logo showing on the Nochex site. Many people are soo scared of internet fraud these days that have a page that looks different from the rest of the site DOES put people off.

Ok lets all change to Protx, someone says that works, my problem is people have been saying Nochex works too and AFAIU Protx requires a merchant account with an aquiring bank... more money, more time.

Actinic says it works seemlessly with Nochex, it should work then!

If i was cynical I would think it was to make us all spend the extra money on the cover!! But why should we need to spend the extra money to set up what is meant to be a standard feature? I feel its a bit like buying a new car, finding out on the way home that you cant get reverse, and being told we need to pay a mechanic to make it work..........

Pete

Comment

Pete & Caite

We do have customers using Nochex with no problems. What we need to do is find out why you are experiencing difficulties.

Pete - I see that you have registered an email support query and are working with Dhivya to resolve it. This morning it has been escalated and the development team are going to be looking into it today.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                            Pete & Caite

We do have customers using Nochex with no problems. What we need to do is find out why you are experiencing difficulties.

Pete - I see that you have registered an email support query and are working with Dhivya to resolve it. This morning it has been escalated and the development team are going to be looking into it today.
                            Hi
                            Thats great news, we are now into our 5th day of loosing money (and hair), so the sooner this is sorted the better.

Hopefully this will help people in the future too.

For anyone else reading this who have recieved the standard Nochex 'you need to setup a responder url', you might try replying with:
                            but I thought that with Actinic the responder URL is generated into the PSP bounce page. As I understand it if you set the APC on the responder URL will be send dynamically. Can you just turn APC on for us to try this?
                            Once switched on by Nochex there is an extra menu on the Nochex control panel: "Edit Automatic Payment Confirmation Details" | "URL" field. According to Actinic there is no need to set the field, so I take this to mean delete anything that is in it.

AFAIU This would fit in with those people who have apparently done nothing and found it works.

Pete

Comment

chris, what do I do now, should I submit a support ticket?

I tried talking to nochex, but they just sent me their standard apc configeration documents and when I pointed out that as far as I understand that that is not how actinic should work, they just said 'talk to actinic'
                              Caite
                              www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X