Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Actinic "sites" on same server

Hi there,

I have actinic v7 Developer and was wondering whether it would be possible to have 2 sites running on the same webserver. at the moment we have all of our products for one model of car up on the server. I am now adding all of the products for another model of car however it may be advantageous to put these on a separate "site" in actinic as there will be around 4,500 new parts and simply for classification etc....

Can i have 2 actinic "sites" running on the same web server? The only problem i can see is with the cgi-bin and the scripts.. or can i have a cgi-bin in each respective folder with their respective scripts?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

This is very much host dependant. I'm with 1and1 and have many domains each with their own cgi-bin all with one hosting package. Best to contact your host.

Comment

You can place the 2nd site into a new folder eg site2/acatalog.. you will also need to change the script ID in the network settings as you need different values to each site

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I have a dedicated server running RHESL-4 with a common single cgi-bin directory for all sites on the server. I set up two sites in one domain and although they worked I had major cross site errors. If you clicked on a link for a product in one site it would look for it in the other site. The problem was that it was an intermittent issue and not always for the same product. I never found the cause and Actinic support were not too helpful.

Our previous server had cgi-bin directories wherever you wanted them and I had the same problems, so it was not linked with a single common cgi-bin directory setup.

Best of luck.
        Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
        Bob Isaac
        Director/Web Admin
        Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Comment

Working...
        X