Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guestbook for a "not too techie"

Hi Folks,

Ive done a search on the forums and don't see anything that would answer this. Also googled this but there are just too many resources to know whats appropriate for my requirment - so hoping somebody here has maybe 'been-there-done-that' ?

I'd like to add a basic guest book to my Actinic Business site. The objective would be to gather customer feedback and comments, with an opportunity for the administrator to vet tastless/inappropriate comments before they are posted. I don't want to use any of those hosted services that claw back revenue from advertising/banner ad's etc.

My HTML ability is novice. I can work with Dreamweavers wswyg editor to create new pages and to edit Actinic templates, but that's about it.

If anybody out there is using anything they could reccomend to meet my requirements and capabilities I'd love to hear from you.

Many thanks,

John

Check your hosting company - most packages often come with several free scripts including a guest book (without the advertising / pop ups) which you can integrate into Actinic in some form.

If the host does not have a guest book search the internet for a free guest book (there will be plenty) and once you have the code post back to the forum if you need help in how and where to integrate into Actinic.

Guest books do tend to be seen as a little antiquated now and will require a lot of time to administer to stop spam bots, competitors or just idiots from posting. I would recommend weighing up the value the guest book will add to the site compared to the investment in resources to moderate it (which can be high)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont

Guest books do tend to be seen as a little antiquated now and will require a lot of time to administer to stop spam bots, competitors or just idiots from posting. I would recommend weighing up the value the guest book will add to the site compared to the investment in resources to moderate it (which can be high)
      Thanks Jont,

We do already get quite a bit of positive comment from clients around the world, and as we are trying to expand our business by going online for the first time I'm hoping that a good 'guestbook' / 'feedback book' would help generate confidence in our products by way of referral for those not yet familiar with us.

Guestbook is perhaps not the best name to describe what I require.

I host with Pinbrook so maybe Jo might have a suggestion or two if she's watching !?

Cheers,

John

Comment

Working...
      X