This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Vs Nochex

It seems that there are people happily using Nochex/Actinic ‘straight out of the box’ with no problems, or orders getting stuck at PSP Pending when in fact they have been paid for. It is also without doubt (as I one of them) that some people can not get Actnic and Nochex to work together at all, even though they have tried longer than me.

AFAIU The whole process works by sending simple HTTP POST requests to the Actinic script on my website’s server. The Actinic script then POSTs this data back, and NOCHEX gives authorises it. As part of the notification process, APC requires that your script post the data back to NOCHEX to confirm the integrity of the data received. Once that handshaking is complete, the actinic script has all the data it needs.

So it seems to me that the problem could be the automatic generation of the script involved with the Nochex APC, ie in my case os00001.pl This script is generated depending on settings within Actinic so I would imagine it would be near impossible to test every combination of possible user input. The script template is only used for Nochex so if there is an error other payment methods might not see it. Or maybe in some situations it does not respond fast enough? Or with incorrect data?

Or it could be due to Nochex, maybe posting data in a different format to that expected by Actinic, or timing out before the Actinic script has replied?

Although both these companies seem at times to talk different languages, there appears to be enough people with working systems to make me look for other possible causes. So what other variables are there?

AFAIU the biggest and only variable left is the hosting company and their versions/implementations of Perl. Now I’m not a Perl or even php programmer but in trying to understand how the os00001.pl works, and learn more about the Nochex APC I did try implementing a suggested script to test the Nochex APC functionality. In doing so I came across a command $smtp->mail($ENV{USER});
    Now on my host $ENV{USER} does not work.

This makes me wonder if it is at all possible that the Actinic script uses a command that maybe my host (and the others who have problems) don’t support?

Is this an entirely impossible hypothesis?

Or maybe the scripts run too slow on some servers?

The problem is exacerbated as the two major players do not seem willing to make any suggestions regarding what the problem could be. As experts in their own fields, they must have opinions about what the ‘possible’ cause of this problem is. As it is so obvious that for certain people it doesnt work, why dont they offer more information that would help solve the problem once and for all?

Pete

I wonder if the problems I had connecting to the host using the Actinic wizard:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=22130

are linked?

Comment

It is much easier in the long run to keep all posts on one topic in one thread, you've now got 3, which all the more confusing for others to try to help as a vital piece of info could be in another thread. I've been watching this, but not contributing as I don't have anything useful to say, but will probably duck out now as 3 threads makes it difficult

For the sake of clarity, why don't you close 2 threads and keep the issue going in just the one?

Comment

would be really useful if someone from Actinic could hop in and clear up what's actually going on with this.

I'm only a pretty basic user and I can't pretend to understand what Pete's talking about when he talks about perl scripts and http post requests - but I can understand that a pretty important function of Actinic doesn't actually work.

It doesn't help that there's no documentation on it in any of the user guides or the knowledge base. But from my surfing of the boards it appears this has been a problem for a long time - is any work going on behind the scenes being done to fix it?
        Caite
        www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

In one of the other threads (is it only 3 Jo?) Pete has now confirmed that for him it is a host problem - the host does not currently support the correct perl library.

Are you with the same host?
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I've closed this thread now so that everyone is following a single thread. Please continue the discussion at http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=22592

Comment

Working...
            X