Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant switch sites or exit Actinic without it crashing

Ok - I am the first to tell people you need to backup

However last weekend I built a new PC - and have booted up my old pc to grab my actinic sites

So I run Actinic Loads fine - allowed me to export Client A's website fine ..

Go to switch sites and it locks up, so I can not access any of my other clients websites to export ..

Also if I run actinic then choose exit from the file > exit menu it also locks up .. only way out of actinic is to ctrl / alt / del ..

I remember a long time ago having a similar problem but have forgotten how I resolved it - I am sure I found something in the registry or an ini file which told actinic which site to load first .. however I can't see this option ..

Any help would be muchly appriciated as a client who's site I can not access needs me to take off all of July's holidays eeeeeeeek
    s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

You can use the command line syntax to have Actinic open a particular site.

"C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Catalog.exe" /s Site1 forces Site1
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks

I have just found it in the registry ..

I was looking under local machine initially had a little think and went back and had a look under local user - have managed to sort it that way by changing the value to the site i needed to access - am currently backing it up now - so fingers crossed it will work ..

However will defo note your solution for future ref ..

Was just loggin back in to this forum to say i think that i have fixed the problem ..

thanks for taking the time to help
      s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

Comment

Working...
      X