Network Setup URL problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Setup URL problem

Hi, I'm having an issue wih Actinic Business, I recently made a new directory (called "ecommerce") to put my online shop into and reconfigured my network settings accordingly, but when I try and navigate to the "view basket" or the "checkout" links on the front page I am sent to an incorrect URL.

more specificly it looks like this:

http://www.pretenddomain.com/ecommer...CTION=SHOWCART

However if I navigate to the catalog pages the "view basket" and "checkout" links work perfectly.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Or will I have to resort to buying a new domain or having the files in the main root directory alongside my other website?

Thanks in advance for any help

Matthew - are these hand coded links, or are you using the Actinic Netquotevars? Can you view | source on the uploaded web page in your browser and see how the basehref entry in the HEAD reads?

If basehref looks correct, the easy solution may be to hand code the links, using the whole http:// path (just so long as it is only affecting the one page).
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Normally, actinic runs in a separate directory (acatalog) rather than in your root directory. Unless you really need it somewehere else I'd suggest using the standard setup.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thank you for the response. Yes, the links are generated using the NETQUOTE Evers. I've tried putting the links which arn't working (shopping cart and view basket) in html format but this causes an alignment issue and they don't appear on the navigation bar next to the other NETQUOTEEVER links.

Olderscot the only page where the two links arn't functioning is the front page of the site, which is a brochure page and therefore not in the /acatalog directory

I'm baffled why two slashes would appear after the "/ecommerce/acatalog" when you try to navigate to the view cart page from the front page.

"/ecommerce/acatalog//ecommerce/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWCART" is the URL which is generated

Comment

If the links come from NETQUOTEVARS then the basehref is wrong. Since Actinic is adding the rest of the path, looks like you only need http://thepretenddomain.com with no trailing slash.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X