Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No shipping charge for certain products.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No shipping charge for certain products.

Hi, I am new to the forum, and have been asked to introduce a new shipping model to one of our well established sites. At the moment there is a flat charge of £10 for any item on the site, this is for UK mainland only. Other countries etc are out of the scope of the business.

There is now a certain product that for various reasons has the delivery included, and therefore needs to be exempt from the delivery charge in the cart.

We did just use the simple method in business settings/shipping, and had the £10 value added that way.

What I have done now on the local (not uploaded yet!) site is gone for the total weight option. And deleted all zones apart from UK, and left the class Standard charge. I have then put 2 entries in:

Weight 0.00 - cost £10
    Weight 1.00 - cost £0.00

I have then added a weight of 1, for all products with shipping included.

All other items where the delivery is added at cart stage are left blank in that part.

Will this work?? Or is the blank treated as a null, rather than a 0.00??

Hope that makes sense!

Hi Gordon, welcome to the forum.

You may be better approaching it the other way incase they add the free item and then decide to also add in an item that needs shipping .. in your matrix this would be free!

You will also need to set the "take highest value in table" or words to that effect in the shipping table to cap it at £10.00 and allow 2kg or products to be shipped

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for the rapid response John.

I now have Take highest value in table selected.

Should the rest be ok?

Do I need to set a default weight?

Comment

Gordon,

Not sure you have picked up on jont's point about reversing the way you have done this, but at the moment your highest value is weight 1 cost 0.00, so everything that includes a 'price includes shipping' item will get their whole order shipped free.

You need weight 0 cost 0.00 then weight 1 cost £10 and a weight added to everything that does not get free shipping (may work with a default weight of 1, no weight on most product [blank = default], and a specific weight on the 'shipping included' items of 0.00, but you would need to test to be sure).
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Oh I see now.

I now have set the weights and values to

0.0 - £0.0
          1 - £10

Set the default weight to 1, and set the products with delivery included to 0.0, all rest blank. Have left take highest value in table selected.

Will let you know how it goes when I upload.

Thanks alot for the help.

Comment

Hi, I have uploaded, and everything seems ok. Thanks for the help guys.

There is only one thing.

There is now a drop down for shipping destination.

It has 2 options, "UK" and "non of the above". If "non of the above" selected it defaults to £10, even if its one of the non delivery charged items.

I really do not want this option available.

Is it possible to take this option out.

Comment

Sorry, does not seem to be an issue.

Thanks again for the Help.

Comment

Working...
              X