Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v7 developer trial

Hi!

Just wondering why the File > Sites option is greyed out on my developer trial? Is this because the trial limits you to one site?

Also, how does the developer package work exactly? If I purchase it and create multiple stores for clients, will they have to ask me to upload new products/images/descriptions etc or can they do it themselves? i.e. is there an admin control panel online per site or does the package come with some management software that I can install on my clients computers?

Thanks.

The developer version is just a trial hence the site options are greyed out.

If you create a site for a client you can hand over the control to them and using their version of Catalog or Business they can update and maintain the site acordingly ... or you can maintain for them and they can simply retreive orders with no maintenance.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Wow , thanks for the quick reply!

So does that mean that once I have purchased the developer package, each of my clients will have to purchase another (business/catalog) version for their own computers?

If so, doesn't that mean I could get away with just buying a business/catalog version for each business and just installing the site from their computers?

Comment

There is also the developer lite version you can use. The full version of developer is best suited if you own multiple sites yourselves.

One option is to use the clients licence key to install onto your machine... this is how several of the actinic developers operate.

If you have not yet purchased best to hold fire as v8 is is about to go live and offers much more functionality.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Okay, I think I'll wait till v8 - I'm jut shopping at the moment! When is it likely to come out do you know?

Sorry for all the questions... I just want to get this completely straight in my head: am I right in thinking then that I have two options?:
          1. Buy developer lite to construct and personalise the store on my own computer and then buy business/catalog to install on my client's computer for order processing and general maintenance

...OR...

2. Buy a catalog/business per client, install software and setup the store on my machine, then uninstall from my machine and use the same key to install on client's machine (assuming that is possible).

Also: is it possible to upgrade from catalog to business for a reduced price if a client realises in the future that he/she requires more functionality?

Thanks for this... like I say... just wanna make sure I'm not walking blindly into this!

Comment

1. Buy developer lite to construct and personalise the store on my own computer and then buy business/catalog to install on my client's computer for order processing and general maintenance

...OR...

2. Buy a catalog/business per client, install software and setup the store on my machine, then uninstall from my machine and use the same key to install on client's machine (assuming that is possible).
            For V7 you also havethe option of buying order manager for your client, this allows them to download orders but you have to maintain products.

BUT ...I'd wait for v8 which is either days or a couple of weeks away. Get
            "designer" for your self and copies of client (catalog or business for your clients) I suggest you phone actinic sales and they can talk you through the differences and price it for you.The pricing structure has been changed so the only prices availble at present are by phone

Comment

Great, just rang Actinic (UK) and it sounds like a much better system:

Actinic Designer (£350 +VAT- Software only, £499 with 1yr support & day training) - design and create online store.

Actinic Client Catalog (£200) or Client Business (£450) - client can add/edit products and deal with sales (but no design capability).

Fantastic... think I'll be doing that then.

Comment

Working...
              X