database corruption error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

database corruption error

I am creating a site for a client and in one of the sections i need to add some text about the sample products which you can buy.
    So what i have done is created a fragment where i can place the text below the products explaining the sample purchase method.

But every time i insert the text and click apply i get a database truncating error which corrupts my shop. fortunatly i made a backup the second time around but i have no idea why when i add text to a fragment it corrupts the database.

If anyone has any help to provide me that would be great thanks

have you tried the houswkeeping -> compact database trick

this resolves alot of database issues especially errors when you are backing up a site.
    David Mawson
    Phoenix Trading

http://www.sweetswholesale.co.uk - Wholesale confectionery suppliers

Comment

Yep i have tried most things when i get the corruption and then open actinic back up it says what i want to do such fix the error, it then goes onto say that it could not be done and the error will be trunceted, i then get an orphan section which is the error but even when i delete this and restart actinic i get the same error again.

What i tried to do the second time before adding the text was to take a snap shot of the shop to back it up, but after 10-15 seconds into the process actinic just closed its self with an error.

So back up has to be done manualy by copying the actual folder and its contents.

Do you think that i should zip it up and pass it onto support as i am now completly at a loss as to why this is happening.

Comment

What is the text are you trying to insert?

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

below is the text i need to put on the page copied from notpad

"SAMPLE
          MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE
          To make sure you get the colours you were looking for we will be happy to send you a small sample of any picture we have for sale on our website or if possible a sample of one picture in a variety of different shades.
          Or maybe you would prefer to send us a colour sample of your paint or wallpaper and we will then match the colours for you.
          If you like a particular piece of artwork but would rather it in a different size or colour we will do our best to create a new picture to fit your choices, please send us your requirements through the contact us link we will then email you some examples to look at.
          All samples are priced at £2.50"

Comment

That text should be fine, what sort of fragment have you created and which field are you pasting the text into?

Try deleting the fragment, and then create a new one - it that still makes Actinic crash you could use a product with the text and description only template.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Found the problem I needed to upgrade my software to the latest version i have now done this and it all works just fine. Typically its a Friday so no chance of getting my client to see it this week, still at least i am set to complete it now next week

Thanks to all, for your help and have a great weekend

Comment

Working...
              X