Separate delivery address: Pre ticking the box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separate delivery address: Pre ticking the box

I would be grateful if someone could advice me on if its possible to have the "ship to a different address" tickbox pre-checked by default, so that the norm is that you fill in a separate address for delivery and invoice.
    Is this possible?

I've attempted to add the term 'checked' as below to Act_Order1.html, but the box is still unticked.

<input type="CHECKBOX" NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICESEPARATECHECKSTATUS name="SEPARATESHIP" value="YES" checked>

I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

That should work. It could be that you have a cookie set which is overriding the default.

Dave

Comment

Does anyone have any other idea how I can achieve this?

Thanks

Comment

It works for me. Strictly it should say checked="checked" but I don't think this will stop it from working.

Can you give us a URL to your site?

Comment

thanks dave.. sorted.

Comment

Defaulting to requiring both SHIP TO and BILL TO addresses (I want box ticked)

I've been attempting to accomplish making the box default to ticked and have tried the suggestions in this thread without success. The filename containing the code is named order01.html, not order1.html as in this thread. I'm currently working w/ v.7.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by domino1
            It works for me. Strictly it should say checked="checked" but I don't think this will stop it from working.

Can you give us a URL to your site?

Comment

Hello Bob

The template you need to edit is Act_LocationSelectTemplate.html. You will find the same code in here, which is what brings in the checkbox on the first order page under the Select Shipping destination drop-down(s).
              In Advanced | Template Manager | Ordering, click on the button labelled Location, to edit the template.

Change the code to appear as follows :
              <INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" CHECKED="CHECKED" NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICESEPARATECHECKSTATUS NAME="SEPARATESHIP" VALUE="YES">
              Save and update changes to site and you should now see "If you want to ship the purchase to an address other than the invoice address, check this box:" ticked by default.

Let me know how you get on.
              Krithika Chandrasekar
              SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

It worked perfectly

Thank you - Such a simple solution when working on the proper file!!

Comment

Where do I find the Template Manager for Version 8?

Below, you ask me to go to Advanced | Template Manager | Ordering. I am unable to find this in the program. I got around it by finding the file and modifying it via a text editor but I would like to know how to find the Template Manager via the Actinic package.

Thanks in advance for your help.
                  ----------------------------------

The template you need to edit is Act_LocationSelectTemplate.html. You will find the same code in here, which is what brings in the checkbox on the first order page under the Select Shipping destination drop-down(s).
                  In Advanced | Template Manager | Ordering, click on the button labelled Location, to edit the template.

Change the code to appear as follows :

Save and update changes to site and you should now see "If you want to ship the purchase to an address other than the invoice address, check this box:" ticked by default.

Let me know how you get on.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Bob,

v8 has done away with the template manager. We now use layouts and you can access all the layouts in 'Design | Library | Layouts'. The upgraded layouts alone will still carry the legacy Act_ templates, the others in there are default v8 ones.

It would be very helpful to have a read of the 'Getting Started Guide' that is available in the v8 installation folder. If you look in the v8 forum you will see that there are 5 sticky threads at the top, 4 are excellent and very useful guides to using v8.

If you go onto the 'Design' tab, you will see a 'Select Page Type' option with a drop-down list of templates. Here select 'Checkout Page 0' and in the preview scroll down till you see the message "If you want the delivery address to be different from the invoice address, please check this box:" and click on it.

Now in the layout code window below you will see
                    <tr>
                    <td colspan="2"><Actinic:Variable Name="InvoicePrompt016"/></td>
                    <td><input type="checkbox" <Actinic:Variable Name="InvoiceSeparateCheckStatus"/> name="SEPARATESHIP" value="YES" /></td>
                    </tr>
                    make the necessary changes to
                    <input type="checkbox" <Actinic:Variable Name="InvoiceSeparateCheckStatus"/> name="SEPARATESHIP" value="YES" />
                    And then click on 'Apply Changes' at the bottom. These questions would however be better to be asked in the v8 forum with a link to the relevant thread.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                    X