Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v7 MU - Payment Method Issue

Hi everyone,

We're using Actinic Multi-User, so are using it as a cash till in shop aswell as the online ordering.

We need to add the following choices to the Payment Methods for the smooth running of ordering and refunding in-shop:

Cash Sales
    Refund Cash
    Refund Cheque
    Refund Credit Card.

We also need these options to appear in the Orders.csv report for our accountant.

THE PROBLEM:

From what I can figure, please correct me if I'm wrong!:

1) a Payment Method can only be used once and the wording isn't editable, only what is displayed on the web.
    2) it is not possible to add any further payment methods other than what is standard.
    3) I've searched the templates but can not see anything relevant so presume payment methods are hard coded and not a template?

If the above is true, does anyone have any ideas of a work around? Obviously, I wouldn't want the new options to be available to my web customers, only to my staff in the shop.

Many thanks in advance
    Michelle

http://www.dirtbikestore.com
    http://www.loghomesbg.co.uk
    Last edited by Mox; 05-Aug-2006, 09:41 AM. Reason: Missed info

Hi Michelle

1) a Payment Method can only be used once and the wording isn't editable, only what is displayed on the web.
    Yes, a 'Payment Method' can be choosen only once, i.e say if you choose 'Credit Card Details captured for later processing' as the Payment Method, we cannot have another instance of the same Payment method to appear again. But we can change the text that appears on the Website to describe this payment method in View | Business Setting | Payment And Security tab | and change the 'Web Site Description' as you would like it to appear on the website.

2) it is not possible to add any further payment methods other than what is standard.
    I'm afraid so, as the existing Payment Methods available have been integrated by Actinic in agreement with the Payment Service Providers(PSP), and Actinic by default is not designed to intergrate any further 'Payment Methods' from what is currently available.
    (There have been instances of some users intergrating their own Payment Service Providers (PSP) into Actinic, but this will not be supported by Actinic, and have been done at the user's risk.)

3) I've searched the templates but can not see anything relevant so presume payment methods are hard coded and not a template?

The Payment Method details listed in the 'Payment and Security' tab are pulled up from the 'backend' database, ActinicCatalog.mdb. As we choose the required payment method in Actinic and update the site, the required 'details' will be inserted by Actinic to the generated html files that Actinic uploads to the server. This will enable the uploaded site to establish and connect with the PSP (with the required merchant details already updated in Actinic, is verified with the PSP, before the 'connection' is actually established)

The Templates and scripts concerned with the PSPs are the CommonOCC folder (in the Site1 folder).

Cheers
    Kind Regards,

Seeths
    SellerDeck

Comment

Many thanks for the info Seeths.

What I actually need is not to add a new Payment Service Provider as such, but to add the following so that I can effectively use the Multi-User side as a cash till in-shop and be able to do refunds properly which MU does not currently cater for properly.

I realise I can change the web description, although this does not help in-shop nor when I use the Orders.csv report which I need to be correct for my accountant.

The payment options I need are:

Cash Sales
      Refund Cash
      Refund Cheque
      Refund Credit Card

Do you think there is any way of adding these directly into the actiniccatalog.mdb file?

Many thanks in advance

Michelle

http://www.dirtbikestore.com
      http://www.loghomesbg.co.uk

Comment

I requested this ages ago as we'd an issue with requesting Paypal payments manually. The answer given was, like you got, you can alter the web description but not the dropdown inhouse payment options.

Only workaround that I could come up with was to choose payment as `Cash Recieved` then insert `Paypal Payment` into the box on the bottom left of the payments screen. Far from ideal, but the best I could find at the time.

Actually, it doesn't appear to be terribly unusual what you require does it...
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Actually, it doesn't appear to be terribly unusual what you require does it
          No, in fact it sounds like just the sort of thing that would be handled by Epos software - now where can you buy that?
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Do you think there is any way of adding these directly into the actiniccatalog.mdb file?
            I'm afraid this wouldnt be possible as the available 'Payment recieved' options are hardcoded into the software. We'll have to use to the transaction's 'Status' options (in the order's, Progress and Payment tab | View Payment) for any further 'transactional updates' on the payment method.
            Kind Regards,

Seeths
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X