Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock control bug on components

Dear Actinic Folk,

This is still a major problem for our clients and although it was raised as a severe bug with the development team in February (see: http://community.actinic.com/showthr...rol+components) it doesn't seem to have been fixed as yet.

Could someone tell what the progress is on this, please?

Many thanks.
    OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
    Actinic developers since version 3
    01865 361696

Hi Angi,

This is still outstanding. I see that you have been on both threads discussing this issue. The main problem here is that Actinic does not use an online Database. Let me run this by development and see what they have to say.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your reply. I've actually registered something with support about this too so you may find the developers already know about it.

Just to clarify things though (as I think it's riddled with confusion), it's nothing to do with having an online database or not. It's perhaps better to talk about max quantities instead of stock control and simply say that the max quantity figure of a hidden associated product is not honoured meaning that despite setting specific max quantities on hidden associated products (used for choice combinations of colour and size, for example) a visitor can still order as many as they like.

Hope that makes more sense.

Many thanks.

Angi
      01865 361696

Comment

just tentatively sticking my hand up here.... I want to see where this thread goes as this si still a HUUUUGGGEEE bug bear of mine
        Is it fixed in V8?
        Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

I've got a support ticket on this one but the upshot at present (and I'm not confident this will change to be honest) is that Actinic won't be fixing this long standing bug in version 7. They do plan to fix it in version 8 but it won't be in the initial release or in the first patch, I'm told. It may be in the second patch release (i.e. 8.0.2) but that is not guaranteed.

Hope that helps.

Angi
          01865 361696

Comment

Hi Angi and Tracey,

We will fix the problem in v8 in the moderately near future, as Angi said it will be v8.0.2. The only reason why we can't yet commit when is because the development team is standing by to see what comes in from the field as major problems impacting a lot of people.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X