Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actinic and PHP

Hello there,

We are very new to Actinic and am trying to get our heads around combining our current site to actinic. we have designed our site in dreamweaver, and are thinking about using one page to display all web information, what i mean by this is....we will have the one page displaying the header and side menu options and using php to bring up the relevant information to that original page.(not very well explained but im sure you know what i mean)

We are unsure weather this is going to work alongside actinic? does anyone know weather this is possible with actinic?

regards

or i i have not explained this propperly please just ask and i will try to explaine a it better.

Comment

Have you looked at the beta V8 as this has integration for PHP.

Take a look at the V8 beta forum to see a few threads where people have integrated php functionality

Comment

so i guess it can not be done then in v7?? i cant not see that the company that i work for will upgrade to the newer version untill they have seen results from v7?

Comment

Actinic generates a set of static HTML pages that contain all the navigation needed to operate the store. Attempting to deliver these pages dynamically using PHP would require a huge amount of work.

Also the Actinic Search, Cart and Checkout pages are generated via Perl scripts processing existing pages and templates. Getting these pages to interact with PHP would be extremely difficult.

It would be much better to let Actinic work the way it is designed and base your site design around that.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The PHP is used offline in Actinic as part of the page generation - online PHP works in the same way in V8 as it does in V7.

V8 does have a very nice dreamweaver interface, you can place Actinic objects (eg: quick search, content pages, best seller list etc) into your design in dreamweaver.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X