Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remaking the contact us page

Hi

I am having a few problems with my contact page picting up the Act_primary template. At the moment it looks like this..

http://www.yoursif.com/contactpage/

Is there any way to remake the contact page as a brochure page and use all the netquotevars to form a new page? The example below shows where I am up to now and I can get the template working with it too, but I can't work out how to get the strings out of the variables for the various fields.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

http://www.yoursif.com

Please can somebody help! I am really stuck here and I have been trying all day!

Comment

It would be far simpler to use the standard Actinic ContactUs page. It sounds like you may have made changes to your Act_ContactUs template. If so try copying it back from the original:

Code:
      <!-- Act_ContactUs HTML begin -->
      <Actinic:VALIDATIONERROR/>

<table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
        <tr> 
          <td width="15">&nbsp;</td>
          <td colspan="2"><strong>NETQUOTEVAR:FORMHEADER</strong><br> 
            <br> </td>
        </tr>
        <tr> 
          <td>&nbsp;</td>
          <td>NETQUOTEVAR:NAME</td>
          <td> <input type="TEXT" name="Name" size="50" maxsize="125" value="NETQUOTEVAR:NAMEVALUE"> 
          </td>
        </tr>
        <tr> 
          <td>&nbsp;</td>
          <td>NETQUOTEVAR:SUBJECT</td>
          <td> <input type="TEXT" name="Subject" size="50" maxsize="125" value="NETQUOTEVAR:SUBJECTVALUE"> 
          </td>
        </tr>
        <tr> 
          <td>&nbsp;</td>
          <td>NETQUOTEVAR:EMAIL</td>
          <td> <input type="TEXT" name="EmailAddress" size="50" maxsize="125" value="NETQUOTEVAR:EMAILVALUE"> 
          </td>
        </tr>
        <tr> 
          <td valign="top">&nbsp;</td>
          <td valign="top">NETQUOTEVAR:MESSAGE</td>
          <td><textarea type="TEXT" rows="10" cols="45" name="Message">NETQUOTEVAR:MESSAGEVALUE</textarea></td>
        </tr>
        <tr> 
          <td><input type="SUBMIT" name="ACTION" value="NETQUOTEVAR:SENDBUTTON"> </td>
        </tr>
        <tr> 
          <td colspan="2" valign="top">NETQUOTEVAR:REQUIREDFIELDS NETQUOTEVAR:HIGHLIGHTED.</td>
        </tr>
        <tr> 
          <td colspan="2" valign="top">You may also contact us 24 hours a day by telephone, fax or email.<br>Our full company details may be found on our <a href="info.html">Terms page</a>.</td>
        </tr>
      </table>
      <!-- Act_ContactUs HTML ends -->

Comment

Hi Phil,

Have you tried the suggestion given by Duncan ?
        Kind Regards,

Seeths
        SellerDeck

Comment

I tried it but still no joy. The problem seems to be that the image references and I presume the style references both point to the cgi bin directory rather than acatalog directory. How do I solve this as my network settings all appear to be correct?

Cheers for hte help so far.

Comment

I am still very stuck if anyone wants to lend me a hand I would be most appreciative! Any idea's as to why all the images try to load from the cgi bin directory?

Comment

Out of interest have you tried manually copying the required images to the cgi-bin directory to see if they display OK? (Not a solution I know but it might get you out of a muddle in the meantime)

You might want to raise a support ticket with Actinic about this - it seems no one knows of any definite solution.

Comment

Thanks I might give that one a try - I have registered a support query with Actinic support. I will post up the solution once I have found it.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Solved!

Cracked it! Basically this declaration...

<Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREF"/>

...had been put in incorrectly. I think I had missed out a set of speach marks or put them in the wrong place. The product pages seem to have been able to work it out for themselves where the images and css were, but the cgi pages had not, hence some bits worked fine and others didn't. This is probably due to the fact that the product pages reside in the acatalog directory where the css and images are also located. Hope this helps somebody else in the future.

Cheers everyone!

Phil
                  http://www.yoursif.com Quality Kitchenware.

Comment

Working...
                  X