Stock controll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock controll

Hi I am very new to Actinic and running business v7 , I have had someone design the site for me and all seems well except the stock controll. The problem seems to be that if something is in stock someone can order more than the amount held in stock and the site allows this to happen. if stock is zero the buy button is replaced with an out of stock message. We had an order today for an item which we had 4 in stock and the site allowed someone to order 6. Is there a way of stopping this from happening ?
    Can someone please help
    the url of the site is http://www.thecraftgrotto.co.uk
    Thanks in anticipation
    Jo

This is a result of Actinic not having an online database. The stock levels are kept on the PC, which means someone can order more than you actually have.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
      This is a result of Actinic not having an online database. The stock levels are kept on the PC, which means someone can order more than you actually have.
      Thanks for the info Jo
      so there is no way round it then?

Comment

Unfortunately not but there is a way of showing your stock figure by the Add to Cart button.

I'm not sure how you do it though - I'm a newbie too !

Comment

This is done by editing the product layout template Act_ProductLine.html and adding text siimilar to "We have NETQUOTEVAR:STOCKLEVEL available". Unfortunately, if you have a message to say we have 4 available and one shopper order two, the next orders three and a third orders four, then all three orders will be accepted and you are no better off.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

There is a field called max quantity orderable, if you set this to the number you have in stock a single person will not be able to order more than you have, this doesn't stop 2 people both ordering the maximum amount though, so is not perfect.

It is probably not practical to do this manually but you could quickly set this before uploading by running a SQL query in the Actinic database.

We have a product designed to help with stock control that can do this automatically, it also downloads orders and uploads your catalog at regular intervals which keeps stock levels up to date on the website automatically. You can find more details about our product and a free trial at this URL :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...r-Actinic.html

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X