Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CSV Import Error - Duplicated Product Codes that aren't !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSV Import Error - Duplicated Product Codes that aren't !

Hi there

I'm trying to import a CSV of our catalogue but there are a lot of lines that have failed to import - all with the same error messages

Line ###: A product with this reference already exist in another section

However when I locate the offending line and do a Search in the spreadsheet for the product code I can only find one entry.

Infact when I looked at one of the rejected lines it wasn't a product but the line showing the end of the section!

I also wanted to see what effect inserting a blank line to shift an offending line down - in theory. When I did the upload the number of the blank line was reported with the same product code error message !

Any suggestions?

The line numbering sometimes appears to be wrong in the CSV files, this is ususally down to the way you are viewing the file - it the application you are using to view the line wraps the lines - or if you have descriptions etc with carriage returns in, the numbering can be wrong.

I think it would be quite nice to have an option to show the erroneous line along with the error message in the output file.

I have seen that error message reported for duplicate section names at the same level, could this be what it happening in your case?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
    X