Hire in 3 seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hire in 3 seasons

I have a client who hires cars and these are the options there is 3 price ranges low mid and high season with 3 differnt prices and at the same time the cars can be hired on 3 7 10 and 14 days, it is driving me nuts. Help its 4:00am and I have had enough

Bill

This can be done but will probably require a bit of JavaScript.

You could have a zero-priced main product for each car, an optional component priced for a single day at each seasonal rate, a start date entry box, and some JavaScript (replacing the NETQUOTEVAR:CARTBUTTON) that checks the start date and selects the appropriate component depending on the date.

Also you'd have to replace the Quantity field węth a set of radio buttons to select one of the 3,7,10,14 day durations.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

If you wanted to do it without JavaScript, then create three products - called 'low season', 'medium season' and 'high season'. Each of these would use the 'Date Prompt' to select a date to start the hire.

Then you can put components within each product with a drop-down list to select the number of days required.

Comment

Javascript

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
        This can be done but will probably require a bit of JavaScript.

You could have a zero-priced main product for each car, an optional component priced for a single day at each seasonal rate, a start date entry box, and some JavaScript (replacing the NETQUOTEVAR:CARTBUTTON) that checks the start date and selects the appropriate component depending on the date.

Also you'd have to replace the Quantity field węth a set of radio buttons to select one of the 3,7,10,14 day durations.

Norman
        Is there anywhere where I can find out more as I am not a Java Script person, any help is valuable

Bill

Comment

Is there anywhere where I can find out more as I am not a Java Script person
          It's not trivial so I'm afraid that you may have to hire one.

If you go with Chris's simpler solution then you are there with no scripting required but with the possibility that the customer may choose the wrong season as the date prompt can only be limited to a range of years - not days or months.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X