Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component and permutations for stock levels

Hi,

I've just set-up the 'component and permutations' for various sizes / stock levels on a product I have, I'm just testing it out at the moment.

I've got 3 sizes, size1, size2 and size3.

I've just set size1 to stock level 0 and uploaded my site, but if I try and order size2 and size3 (which are set of stock level 3) it won't let me order size2 and size3.

Why is size1 (which is out of stock) making all the other sizes out of stock?
    Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
    Snuggle Feet
    Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

what stock control do you have on the "master" product?
    If this is checked as being a stock controlled item, do you have the stock level set to 0 too?
    Ideally, you want stock control moitoring OFF on the master product (although prepare for some problems with over-ordering of your stock as it unfortunately doesn't work terribly well!)
    Just a thought
    Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for your reply, stock monitoring is off on the main product. I've tried it on and off, but it is still saying all sizes are out of stock, when only size1 is.

We sell baby gifts here www.abcbabygifts.co.uk and I don't use stock monitoring, but I've just set-up a new site for my wife who is going to sell baby clothes here www.superstarbaby.co.uk and on this site I need to use stock monitoring.

I've been using Actinic for 4 years now and I find it crazy that stock control on items with various sizes is so hard to do still, even in V8.
      Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
      Snuggle Feet

Comment

Just to clarify my problem,

I have one main product 'Shoes' and 3 hidden products 'shoe size 1', 'shoe size 2' and 'shoe size 3'.

Stock level for 'Shoe size 1' is set at 0 and is making all the other 'shoe sizes 2 , or 3' all out of stock, when 'shoe size 2 and 3' are set to stock level 5.

If I set the stock level on 'shoe size 2 or 3' to 0 and 'shoe size 1' to stock level 3 then it works fine and I can order 'shoe size 1' but not 'shoe size 2, or 3'.

So why is 'shoe size 1' when it is out of stock causing the other shoe sizes also to be out of stock.

Ps, I'm using Developer 7.03
        Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
        Snuggle Feet

Comment

Hi Les,

I tried this out on my end and it is not replicable. Followed the steps as you laid them out. Please try compacting your database and then trying the same thing.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X