Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Dependent Discounts

Hey,

If a customer buys Product A, I want to give them a % discount on Product B.

Can this be done with V7?

Cheers.

Hi,

You will need to create seperate product groups for each product (say Group1 for product 'A').

Then in View | Discount and Surcharges Settings | Cart Contents Tab | Create a new discount based on Quantity, with trigger set to 1, applicable to the Product group, 'Group1', and below in 'Rewards' , set the reward type to '% off or £ off extra product' and choose the Product group below as Group 2 (which has product 'B' associated with it). The reward percentage or amount will have to calculated based on the Product B's pricing, and on how much discount is to be applied when Product A and Product B are selected.

This way we can then create a new discount between Product Group (Group 1) and applicable with a percentage or amount off on Product group, Group 3. You can use this or similar combinations to cover discounts for all choices.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Can anybody do this for me for a one off set fee or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
        You will need to create seperate product groups for each product
        What do you mean by product groups, do you mean the product sections? So i'd create a new product section?

Comment

You can create a product group from the menu option view / product groups.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I don't seem to have VIEW | Product Groups. I have in view the business settings and orders etc. Nothing really realted directly to any product groups at all. I'm on V7 too btw.

Comment

Are you using business? If not maybe product groups are limited to business only.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I'm using Catalog. Can I not do this then, anyone?

Comment

Dan,

This is not possible with catalog, you will need Business or Developer.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Can I upgrade my site from V7 Catalog to V8 Business without any 'known' problems?

Comment

Hi,

There will be no problems when upgrading from Business to Catalog (within the same version - ie v7). When you purchase the upgrade you will be sent a new license key. Go to 'Housekeeping | Upgrade' and enter the new key and click OK and the features of Business will be unlocked for you.
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Well, rather than upgrading from Catalog 7 to Business 7 and then from that to 8, can I upgrade from Catalog 7 to Business 8 in the same way you described above?

Comment

Hi,

That should be no problem either. Just purchase your v8 Business key and install the software and either upgrade when you install v8 or install v8 and then create a snapshot in v7 and import it into v8. Either way because you have a Business key you will get the Business features.
                          Tracey
                          SellerDeck

Comment

I have V8 now, how do I stick my products in a group?

Comment

OK,

found the product groups and have followed the instructions above and have set the trigger value to 1 and it appears I can't select it to apply to another product group.... the option is there but it's greyed out and I can't select anything.

What's that all about? Have I done my product groups wrong maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              X