Extended Product Choice Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Product Choice Problems

I'm sure someone may have already posted on this but I have been unable to find anything:

We are a small fashion label and use Actinic linked to Sage. We have a product list of around 40 garments however, each garment is available in a choice of two sizes and then a choice of 20 colours.

Here's where I need some help. I have each garment set up as a product and then size and colour set up as components (I've tried attributes). On a basic level this works ok but I need more detailed reporting via either ms excel or access. Particularly, I need to be able to look at garment colour sales and size sales which I can't do at the moment and I need to produce consolidated customer orders for our supplier.

In addition, as we import transactions into sage, I need to keep the product file as small as possible. I can't have a situation where 40 (products) X 2 (sizes) X 20 (Colours) = 1600 product lines, particularly as around a third of the range is discontinued on a 6 monthly basis.

Has anyone come across a similar problem or done a clothing store using Actinic and if so how have you got round this point? I'd be grateful for any help you can provide.

Cheers,

Martin

Try this thread
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=20650

Alan Compton
    www.greenknightgames.co.uk
    Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street

Comment

Working...
    X