Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an import file for the latest postal rates

Hi Guys
    Is there an import file I can obtain for the latest Royal Mail postal rates for parcels over 1kg.

Many Thanks
    Andy

There is no import file currently, but you could always enter them yourself - there are only eight bands:

Weight not over | Price
    1kg | £3.32
    1.5kg | £4.27
    2kg | £4.58
    4kg | £6.91
    6kg | £7.54
    8kg | £8.59
    10kg | £9.23
    30kg | £10.76

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask you one more please. I have been informed by my supplier ( They ship my orders direct to the customer for me I pay the postal charges) that they use parcel line.
      They tell me its £5.50 for the first item and then £3.50 for subsequent items. I'm not sure how to confugre this as they tell me if they get say 3 items they may be able to put them in the same box, so no extra item charge will be needed.

How do others deal with this sort of conumdrum.

Many Thanks
      Andy

Comment

Not too hard.

If you are charging by Total Quantity then you simple create a new shipping class called 'Parcel Line' and then set up your shipping table to say:

Quantity | Cost
        1 | £5.50

And then set the 'Excess' area to charge an extra '£3.50' for every '1' ordered.

Note: if you are already charging by weight then you will not be able to do this as it could mean changing the calculation basis.

Comment

Many Thanks for all your help

Andy

Comment

Working...
          X