ActinicCatalog.MDB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ActinicCatalog.MDB

I have managed to lose the ActinicCatalog.MDB file that we use for site maintenance...doh!!!

Is there any way to reverse engineer the .MDB file from the files loaded to the web server?

No

You should have ActinicBackup.mdb in the site 1 folder use this to restore

Housekeeping>Back Up
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I know about the various backup files that Actinic creates.

The problem is that I have many PCs and hard drives, and backups on CD going back years.

I can't find the MDB files that match the site.

All my own fault :-(

Comment

order them by date it might give you a better idea
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

You may not have file extensions turned on in Windows explorer so it might just be a file called 'ActinicCatalog' or 'Backup' in your 'Site1' folder.

What exactly happened? Did you have a system crash which meant you lost your entire PC, or are you just getting an error message with Actinic saying it cannot find 'ActinicCatalog.mdb'?

Comment

I work from home a lot and used to maintain the Actinic catalogue for a friend as a favour. He did the order processing at his end.

As I am a techy database developer I have many machines, hard drives, and CD backups floating around.

I think I lost track of where the HDD copy was but didn't panic as there are backups everywhere....but I can't find the correct one.

Old one's are no use as we've moved ISP so the old network settings are wrong, and we've moved from V2 to V4.1 over the years. I've also amde extensive changes to the catalogue contents so we're stuffed without the lost .MDB :-(

Comment

If your friend is still doing the order processsing then he will have the up-to-date network settings on his PC.

Comment

Agreed, but it's the source .MDB for the catalogue that I've lost.

Comment

Working...
                X