No announcement yet.

Pop up window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your 'More' button has an action 'onclick' assigned. The action is currently defined as "info%5f479%2ehtml".

This isn't going to work. You need to call a function to perform a behavior, presumably open a new window.

I haven't worked with the software enough yet to know what information needs to pass to the new window, but something along the lines of this may be a step in the right direction:

(stick in the template where the YahooSection function is)
    function opWin(src){
    detWin = window.open(src,'newWin','width=300,height=450');
    }

(this goes in the 'onclick' action)
    onclick="opWin('info_479.html')"

I don't know if that is the html page you want to call or not. Its being encoded and I don't know what %5f and %2e mean (just need to Google it). But it won't work with the encoding.

Hope that helps some.

Comment

As you've seen the product image and text link open the new page just fine.

The one that doesn't work is the Extended Info Button.

The easiest way to fix this is to either not use this button or if you want to use it then edit Act_ExtendedInfoButton.html and replace
      Code:
      onClick="NETQUOTEVAR:LINK"
      with
      Code:
      onClick="location.href='NETQUOTEVAR:LINK';"
      Note that Vince's post above will return you to using popup pages which is what you want to avoid.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

from my understanding of programming, i guess that what he suggested was wrong.

thanks for that

i am going to change the button's code as i prefer that than using the text alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by pnagames
          i want the extended info page to open as a new page using the same template of the actual product listing (but obviously only a product per page).
          I guess I misunderstood the problem. I took the above line as needing to open in a seperate window (new page). Oh well. After visiting the site, I would much rather prefer to browse the info in such a manner.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
            Bruce pointed you in post #8 to a Knowlege Base article that does exactly what you want.

You would then need to add code to Act_ExtendedInfo.html to display your Customvars and give it the same look and feel as your main pages.

Not all NETQUOTEVAR's will work in this page so you'll have to experiment.
            Hi Norman

i had a play with this trying to create a new extended info to the way that i want and some things work. however the most important things that i need do not work, the search and the store sections list on the left hand side.

any ideas whether if this is possible at all and also what have i done worng (if possible)

link to the page: http://www.pnagames.com/acatalog/info_1030.html

Comment

To the best of my knowledge if you are using extended info you can not add left hand nav or search the store to those type of pages.

Thus you may need to consider one product per section - this also has its limitations, so you will need to weigh one solution up against the other

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                To the best of my knowledge if you are using extended info you can not add left hand nav or search the store to those type of pages.

Thus you may need to consider one product per section - this also has its limitations, so you will need to weigh one solution up against the other
                Jo

this will not be possible

i have around 1500 products....

oh well, it seems that i will have to build my own list on the left of the sections (pain.....)

Comment

Working...
                X