Update email address in QB link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update email address in QB link?

When I link from Actinic to QB, the customer's email address in QB is not updated. Is there anyway to always update the email address in QB with the email address that is Actinic. I have old email addresses in QB that aren't valid anymore.
    -------

Pat

Pat,

Email addresses are not transferred to QB, only the order details and the Invoice and Shipping Address details. You may have to collate this information separately and then update your records in QB.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce, it does transfer the email address on the first transfer. But once the customer record exists in QB, the link does not update the info on the customer record (including the address). Which means once I have an email address stored, it never gets updated again.

I can live with the address not being updated, because I ship from the sales receipt address. But when I email a copy of the receipt to the customer, it picks up the stored address on the customer record. Which may or may not be current.

Pat
      -------

Pat

Comment

Pat,

I was not clear there, it does transfer on thr first import, I meant the successive imports. I dont see a way unless you remove the 'External Reference' for your known ( repeat ) customers so that a new record is created with updated information, you will then have to reinstate the 'External Reference' so that new accounts are not created with successive updates.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Could I put in a request to transfer the email address as part of the order record? Either a comment line, or just below the address? Then I would have easy access to the current email address.
          -------

Pat

Comment

Pat,

Will put ina request on your behalf.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X