VAT display problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT display problems

I'm having trouble with the way VAT is included and displayed on my site. www.surfline.co.uk

I know there are quire a few other threads concerning this, but reading through them is just making me more confused at the moment...

Presently I just list our prices including VAT and don't use actinic to calculate anything, which works fine, although we are now starting to get a few international orders, which we would like to expand. At the moment they just have to pay the price including VAT whatever.

I tried today adjusting the prices in the database to exclude VAT, calculate VAT using Actinic and still display prices including VAT on products (everything looked fine so far!). The problem was that at the checkout stage everything got very complicated. We have several discounts in place as well and as actinic removes VAT from displayed product prices at checkout and lists it separately it was completely impossible for customers to see what they were actually paying for each item. I had three complaints in the first ten minutes and so set it back to the old way again (another hour of uploading)

So........Does anyone know the most straight foreword way of displaying this information?

I would like the shopping cart to automatically include VAT in the displayed prices, but remove this if the shipping address is set outside the UK?

Any ideas appreciated..

Dan
    Dan

www.surfline.co.uk - Saltrock Online Surf Shop

So........Does anyone know the most straight foreword way of displaying this information?

I would like the shopping cart to automatically include VAT in the displayed prices, but remove this if the shipping address is set outside the UK?
    Unfortunately, this is the only way to do it with Actinic. The lines in the shopping cart show the prices excluding VAT, and then the tax is shown separately at the bottom of the shopping cart grid.

The 'Total', naturally, will always show the full price including tax that the customer will pay.

I guess your customers are just used to seeing the inc-VAT prices in the cart.

I don't have any great suggestions I'm afraid. You are setting up your store the correct way.

Comment

Working...
    X