Product Quantities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Quantities

I am designing a site for a client who will only be allowing access to existing customers. The site will be used for the purpose of calling-off stock from existing orders.

The site links to SQL Server database which provides stock quantities and minimum order quantities (each product is different).

The customer wants each product to display the number of items in stock which I have already been able to do, but also wants to incorporate the min pack quantity and reflect this in the input box for Quantity. It would look something like this I imagine:

You have 200 packs of 1000 (200000) in stock:

Call-off [ ] packs

The 200000 figure will come across from the SQL server database. The problem I have is figuring out how to get the right figures to appear where the 200 and the 1000 is?

Can anyone help? Is there a better way to do this? We cannot interfere with the SQL Server data as this is used by the company's warehouse.
    Pat Nelson
    vcommunity - the business to business network
    email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
    www.vcommunity.org.uk
    Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

You could create a view to calculate the 200 and the 1000 values and link those values into Actinic instead of the actual values. The 200 would go into the quantity in stock field in Actinic and the 1000 should probably go into a customvar or into the product description. If you put them into the description then you could again build this string up using SQL.

If you want to use a customvar then you woud have to write your own SQL queries to get the information into Actinic or use the Actnic hierarchical import to move the data in.

If you cannot create your view on your SQL server database then you could create a new access database to do this and then link Actinic to that rather than the main one. Don't try putting them into Actinic's own access database because you cannot link to that one into access using the external linking (which I assume you are using).

Cheers,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Many thanks Jan. Your solution is just what I was looking for. It also helped me to clarify my thoughts about the SQL Server linking, so I'm eternally grateful!
      Pat Nelson
      vcommunity - the business to business network
      email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
      www.vcommunity.org.uk
      Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

Comment

Working...
      X