Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Info Not Working

Hi all

I have Catalog Version 6. I wish to generate a pop-up page on the products i sell. I select generate pop-up in the extended info tab in product info, write the required text and attach a pic but it doesnt work on either preview or on the site. Tho the cursor does highlight it as if there is something to click but nothing happens. I have tick the enable products desc in the business settings but still no luck

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Aaron

Hi Aaron

What do you have selected in the Display By section ?

Trevor

Comment

Hi Trevor

Thx for replying. At the risk of stating the obvious wheres the display by section? and would i have it on catalog?

Aaron

Comment

Hi

Not a problem. I couldn't glean from your original mail if you had the extended info text/button etc displayed and the window did not appear or you had no link.

I am running Developer but guess it will be the same. To the right of where you enter the extended info text and specifiy the image there is a Display By section and you will need to select one of these options.

Hope this helps.

Trevor

Comment

Hi trevor

I see what u mean now, Ive tried using every possible method. Click on pic, extended info tab and where i can write. It highlights it on preview and if i update to my website but nothing happens

Cheers

A

Comment

I still need assistance with this problem so any help would be much appreciated

Aaron

Comment

Aaron

Do you have a site URL ?

Thanks

Trevor

Comment

Hi Trevor

Its www.intimateadultlingerie.co.uk

Thanks Aaron

Comment

Could you please check you have the line

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

within the <HEAD> section of you overall layout template (normally Act_Primary.html). This should be above any other JavaScript code.

Comment

Hi Chris

Yes I believe I do Ive copied and pasted below what i found in the Act_Primary.html.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="file:///C|/Program%20Files/Actinic%20Ecommerce%20v6/Sites/testing/actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
                    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="file:///C|/Program%20Files/Actinic%20Ecommerce%20v6/Sites/testing/actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

Cheers

Aaron

Comment

That's your problem. You have cut and pasted with Dreamweaver, and DW added in the file paths incorrectly.

They should simply read:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
                      <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

Comment

Chris

You are a star!!!!

Many thanks, works perfectly on preview and on site as you knew it would.

Now i've just got spend the next countless hours updating my site (for the better)

Much appreciated.

Aaron

Comment

Thanks again Chris

Just another quick query. Once someone has ordered from the site but then changes there mind and say wish to order something different. Is there a way of retracting there order as the only only way at the moment is going through all motions of actually ordering something and there isnt currently a option.

Regards

Aaron

Comment

Working...
                          X