Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product pages not displaying for USA customers

HI,
    We have launched a web site www.remeire.com (it's also on www.remeire.ie) 1 month ago and we can see it here on different browsers no problem. However we are getting emails from customers in the USA who say they can see the contact us, about us, faqs etc but they can't see the product pages that are generated from actinic! I have tested the site on browsercam and it gave no problems except on IE on the Mac. These customers say they are using IE and firefox, one is using Windows Explorer and has Norton Security 2006. I think their operating systems are fairly recent. Has anyone else found this problem? Could it be a firewall problem? Or cookies?

Regards,
    Breda

Hi there,

Could you please ask one of your US customer to browse your website in Internet Explorer and get a screenshot & upload here to determine more into this issue.
    Cheers,
    Suresh Babu G

Comment

HI,
      I have got a screen shot and it seems that the product images on their browser (I think they are using netscape) are not loading yet I have checked the code on the index page and for me they are all going to www.remeire.ie!!!!!
      I have attached the file they sent me. Since she sent it in an email, I chose view in web browser and there is no HTML headers, I don't know if that's normal in an email screen shot.

Regards,
      Breda
      Attached Files

Comment

Im getting 403 error on both your sites

Comment

HI,
          Can you have a look now, I have a redirect on that domain so it should go to www.remeire.ie/acatalog so I tried removing the index.html at the top level to see if that was causing the missing images, but it seemed to remove the whole redirect.
          Regards,
          Breda

Comment

I am seeing the same problem ie no Actinic generated pages only the contact us etc.

Comment

It looks like a template problem - the body seems to be missing.

Comment

HI,
                I have asked the ISP to set the domain www.remeire.ie and www.remeire.com to go directly to www.remeire.ie/acatalog/index.html which it seems to be doing for me, but obviously not for you. I then put a meta refresh on the index.html at the top level with a redirect on it to the acatalog address but it dosen't seem to be redirecting for you either?

Are you using netscape or IE or Mozilla?
                Regards,
                Breda

Comment

ie, fiefox and netscape.

meta refresh on the index.html at the top level with a redirect on it to the acatalog address
                  This is a sure fire way of getting banned by google

Comment

Hi
                    Yes, but I was trying it as a short term measure. What I have done now is made a copy of the Index.html page from inside the acatalog folder, changed all the links to the full http://www.remeire.ie/acatalog address on images and links, and uploaded it to the top level. I can't test it as the domain name redirect works on my ISP so I get straight to acatalog when I try the domain. Can I bother you again to try http://www.remeire.ie can you look on the left menu and if it has the word Services after Aura Internet then that is the new index at the top level and hopefully the big photos load and the links work!
                    Thanks,
                    Breda

Comment

Breda,

This still goes directly to http://www.remeire.ie/acatalog/index.html, cannot see 'Services' below 'Aura Internet' either.

Regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

if it has the word Services after Aura Internet then that is the new index at the top level and hopefully the big photos load and the links work
                        No nothing for me either.

What are you trying to do?

Comment

From Egypt also, the base address redirects to /acatalog/index.html - no Aura Internet, no Services.
                          Bill
                          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi,
                            I have attached a screen shot of the home page, if you can see the page and it looks like this and the links work that's great. In America my client says that the images and links don't work but ai can't recreate the problem here.
                            I have a copy of the home page at the top level in case that redirect dosen't work but it seems to be working for you guys.
                            Regards,
                            Breda
                            Attached Files

Comment

That is what I see. The US number at the bottom of the page, all images and links fully functional.
                              Bill
                              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                              X