Donations page after clicking checkout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donations page after clicking checkout?

We are trying to make our company generally better environmentally and socially and as part of this we would like to do matched donations or similar scheme during checkout on the website. I have trawled the web and it looks like the only way that I can do this will be to modify the checkout templates to add a "click here to donate" link and then direct the customer to a special page in the store to add a donation to their cart. Although this will work I think the uptake will be quite low as it involves redirecting and moving the customer around the store. Is there any way to ad products or value to the cart after the customer has clicked check out eg with a radio button or check box? Alternatively, would it be possible to change the checkout links in the site to redirect to another page before checkout saying "give money to charity or click here to continue to checkout"?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

This would be possible only by the first method, where you create a custom product line template following part of the Advanced User Guide article for "Setting Up your Store for Donations" on page 55 found here.
    Redirecting the checkout link to an intermediate page would involve advanced scripting knowledge cause the cart contents would need to be passed on and into checkout again which is way beyond my knowledge.

Regards,
    Robert

Comment

Thanks Robert, That is prety much as I expected unfortunately. Apparently Version 8 has some features for adding pages to checkout so I will look and see if they are any use once I upgrade.

Thanks for your input

Alex

Comment

Working...
      X