Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload Problem

Hi

I am unable to Upload my site, I am recieving the error message 'The connection with the server reset'. I have checked with the people who host the site and they have assured me that we have all the permissions etc and there is no problem there end.

I have tried using the Test in Network settings and I get this message
    'You do not have write permissions to the cgi-bin directory "cgi-bin/" or it does not exist.' So I am slightly confussed! It has been suggested that we move from ADSL hardware to SDSL! But with the cost how can I be sure that this will resolve the issue!

Can anyone advise!

'You do not have write permissions to the cgi-bin directory "cgi-bin/" or it does not exist
    1 do you have a cgi-bin?
    2 what permissions are assigned to it.

Furthermore, are you hosting on linux or windows, who are you hosting with, what package have you bought from them

Comment

Upload Problem

The server is Unix.
      Owner has Read Write Execute
      Numeric 755

There is a cgi-bin in Site1.

Comment

Ian,

Is this still an issue with the upload?
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Upload Problem

Hi Bruce

Yes..

It sites a sending base files and will go no further, it has been suggested to me its the timeout settings on our server!

Comment

Not sure if this is the same problem I had. But initially when I first built my site on a 1and1 linux box I ended up deleting the whole site (on 1&1 advice) because of permissions problems. After that we had no problems at all.

costume jewellery
            Regards
            Sally

Fashion Jewellery Wholesale - Glitzy Jewels

Comment

Hi Ian
              A possible shot in the dark here but the issue may lay here with passive FTP transfers.
              Have you tried disabling/enabling (i.e. changing their state) within"Advanced | Network Settings"?
              It is not unknown for the passive FTP transfer requirements to be changed by either router updates or ISP ADSL changes.

Try changing the "Use Passive FTP Transfers" setting within the FTP options, try a test and if succesfuly try and update. It might let you get past this issue.

For the record, if it works can you let us know the IPS you use.
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
              Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
              SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
              X