changing product layout template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing product layout template?

hey there i am trying to change the way that products are displayed. I have tried to loacate the template but have only managed to find act_ProductLineNew.html this does change slightly of the product if i put for example a space or return after a netVALUE) or however its written.

Is there a way to change the colour of the product name???

kindest regards.

Act_ProductLine.html is the default product template.

You can change the colour of the product name in the above template ... look for NETQUOTEVAR : PRODUCTNAME and you may see it being tagged with something like <span class="actregular"> ..... </span> or similar.

Whilst there not only change the colour but also make it more exciting to search engines by using:

<h3 class="productName">NETQUOTEVAR : PRODUCTNAME</h3>

and in your actinic.css file add something like:

.productName {
    font-size: 16px;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #990000;
    }

changing the colour to suit (note the Americanised spelling in the actual code)

note there are no gaps in the actual NETQUOTEVAR .... the forum inserts a smily due to the : P in there

using the h3 tag will give better weight to the product name in terms of SEO ... and before someone attacks this... yes the rules need to be followed about nesting titles tags, overuse etc etc .. hence the safer recomendation to use only h3 (or even h4) and nothing higher and based on the assumption you have some product descriptions in there so it is not just a page full of h3 headers!!

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

many thanx,

i have noticed from the many feeds i have read you have helped many others.

I take it you and a few others are apart of actinic support?

Comment

Originally posted by 00lewis
        I take it you and a few others are apart of actinic support?
        Nope - just an Actinic designer, user & enthusiast (won't tell you what Mrs Jont calls me )

The Actinic team have Actinic in their profile or as part of their signature - these are mainly cdicken, nadeem, bruce, traceyg, krithika, cbarling and a couple of others

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X