How Do I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I?

After my pc crashed I have now reinstalled Actinic and want to connect my website back up, I saved all the actinic files but don't have a clue what needs to be done. Any idea's?
    www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

After reinstalling Actinic simply import your latest snapshot (ACD) file via Files | Snapshot | Import and that will drag back in all your products, network settings, security keys, orders etc etc.

If you have an intact database updated prior to the crash but after the latest snapshot (which will hopefully be from the day before) you could try making a copy before importing the snapshot and then dragging it back into the newly updated site folder to update to the latest changes. This could be with risk so proceed at your own will.

The file will have a new time stamp so you will need to refresh the site to keep everything in sync. Before uploading connect to the server via FTP and look in the catalog directory for any files ending in ORD (these are order files) .. copy to a place outside the site and then place back into the folder after uploading via Actinic. You should then be able to download these orders correctly.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      After reinstalling Actinic simply import your latest snapshot (ACD) file via Files | Snapshot | Import and that will drag back in all your products, network settings, security keys, orders etc etc.

If you have an intact database updated prior to the crash but after the latest snapshot (which will hopefully be from the day before) you could try making a copy before importing the snapshot and then dragging it back into the newly updated site folder to update to the latest changes. This could be with risk so proceed at your own will.

The file will have a new time stamp so you will need to refresh the site to keep everything in sync. Before uploading connect to the server via FTP and look in the catalog directory for any files ending in ORD (these are order files) .. copy to a place outside the site and then place back into the folder after uploading via Actinic. You should then be able to download these orders correctly.

HTH
      Have tried the following:
      but to no avail, feesl like I'm doing something wrong.

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

When you import the snapshot what happens inside Actinic? Do you see any products, company info etc at all?

Have you tried an older snapshot? It may be the one you are using is corrupted. Have you opened the ACD to check that the products, database etc are in there?

Bikster

Comment

Have you opened the ACD to check that the products, database etc are in there?
          In case you need to open the programs to use are WINZIP v7 (no later versions seem to open) or 7Zip which is open source

Bikster

Comment

In case you need to open the programs to use are WINZIP v7 (no later versions seem to open) or 7Zip which is open source
            I DON'T THINK WE SAVED A SNAPSHOT, JUST SAVED ALL FILES IT THAT IS POSSIBLE

Parklife, Whitby

Comment

Oh

You should still be able to copy the saved files back in to the site1 folder and recover most of the information. I recall some items are not copied back - possibly the security key amongst others

Bikster

Comment

Oh

You should still be able to copy the saved files back in to the site1 folder and recover most of the information. I recall some items are not copied back - possibly the security key amongst others
                I have now been able to reload the site and have refreshed it, it seems to be working apart from when I try to upload or reteive orders I get the following error.
                The server scripts are incompatable with this version of Actinic. Refresh website.
                If this error persists, copy the perl scripts from the original subdirectory and try again.
                Server version = "7 FBIA" Client version = "7 FEVA"

This means nothing to me so any ideas would be a help.
                Darron

Parklife, Whitby

Comment

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=22831 details a similar situaiton. I think that patching the Actinic install to the latest version sorted the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RobSollars
                    patching the Actinic install to the latest version sorted the problem.
                    Yes - as you have installed from the disk you need to upgrade Actinic back to the same patch version - this should hopefully be on your hard drive from your previous download - or you can download from the main Actinic site.

Bikster

Comment

Yes - as you have installed from the disk you need to upgrade Actinic back to the same patch version - this should hopefully be on your hard drive from your previous download - or you can download from the main Actinic site.
                      Sorry to be stupid, can you possibly give us a run thru list of how do to this upgrade back to the same patch version as we don't have a clue.

Darron

Parklife, Whitby

Comment

Download the patch to your computer and double click it .... it is a self-installing executable file and will do everything for you

Bikster

Comment

Download the patch to your computer and double click it .... it is a self-installing executable file and will do everything for you
                          SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING WORKS, THANKS A MILLION, NO 2 MILLION!!!!!!!!

DARRON

Parklife, Whitby

Comment

Originally posted by parklifeclothes
                            SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING WORKS
                            I trust you have now made a snaphost (File | Snapshot | Export) and saved somewhere safe

Glad to hear you have got it working.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                            X