Pinbrook sites down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinbrook sites down?

This morning I can't access any of my pinbrook e-commerce sites, or the pinbrook site itself, or my e-mail from the pinbrook servers.

I did have a few adsl connection problems, but I seem to be connected ok now and can see every non-pinbrook site I've tried.

I know a lot of people here use pinbrook - are your sites working...?

If so, can you see my sites?

www.discount-aromatherapy.co.uk
    www.flu-protection.co.uk
    John

I too have found that my site is down and has been for some time and so too is Pinbrook.net!!!!

I have tried to call them but the phone number is not accepting calls from a mobile and redirects back to my service provider!!! So I called on a land line and the line is dead!!!

This is very worrying are they in trouble?

The only means for emailing them is through the link on this community board which I have already done.

Surely someone there must be monitoring their site and know that there are problems with it. Or am I fearing the worse not being able to leave a voice mail and a dead line at their end.

Pinbrook when you read this let us know what's going on.

Duncan
    Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

just finished my breakfast and 1 site is back, the other not, and pinbrook site is up.

there is an entry on their support page under latest news called "*Emergency Maintenance WEB%*", but the link is blank...
      John

Comment

Mine were down again this morning to

seem to be OK now though - looks as though it was around 3:30 this morning

Darren

Comment

my site is ok now.

although i had a panic attack this morning when nothing was working

Comment

Mine too has come back and seems to have been down for about 2 hours.

Panic button released!

Comment

There was a firewall issue this morning which took some servers down intermittently from 5am until 7am approximately.

The guys were alerted immediately and worked to resolve the issue, which is now considered closed.

I do not yet have the full details but I do know that this only affected part of the network.

Sorry for any inconvenience - we do take these matters seriously.

Comment

Is it me or are they down again???

Comment

looks like all my sites are down again, thanks for letting me know - I'll switch off my google ads. so much for the new 100% uptime at the new datacentre...
                  John

Comment

had you noticed any e-mail problems over the last few days on your pinbrook domains?
                    John

Comment

Today (Thursday 24th August) we swapped out the server which controlled the Control Panel software and completely replaced it. There had been performance issues with the CP over the past few weeks thus the decision to replace the server.

Some sites were adversely affected as the new server came online. This was quickly rectified.

There have been no known issues with email.

John - we replied to your support ticket re email - but you haven't replied with the info we asked for

Please also be aware that all network status reports are posted to the "News" feature of our support desk, Pinbrook Clients can subscribe to this via RSS or login to the support desk and subscribe to receive "News" via email as we post.

Comment

Sorry Duncan I've only just noticed this...

I have tried to call them but the phone number is not accepting calls from a mobile and redirects back to my service provider!!! So I called on a land line and the line is dead!!!
                        What number did you call....We have never knowingly had a dead phoneline. Indeed if there is no-one in the office to take telephone calls, all calls are forwarded to a human telephone answering service (9-5.30 Monday-Friday). We use an answering service in place of people having to leave messages on answerphone. There certainly is no blocking mechanism for mobile numbers.

Surely someone there must be monitoring their site and know that there are problems with it. .
                        We have 24/7 monitoring on the servers, although it can take up to an hour (out of hours) for someone to physically get to the data centre if the problem can't be fixed remotely

The only means for emailing them is through the link on this community board which I have already done..
                        No, all support should be directed to us via our support desk at http://pinbrook.helpserve.com

The support desk is hosted in the US by the support desk software supplier, hence it would be a very bad coincidence if both our severs (UK based) and the support desk (US based) were down at the same time. We purposefully chose to host the support desk separately to our own hosting to ensure that people can still contact us. We use the "News" at the support desk and the RSS feed to keep in touch in times of trouble.

We are very aware that when there is a problem people need to know, we also know that we can not phone everyone individually to let them know what is happening. Hence we ask people for 3rd party email addresses so we can use mass email and we post to the SupportDesk/News/RSS

100% uptime at the new datacentre
                        100% uptime applies to the network only. The data centre is located on the Verizon global backbone hence 100% SLA. The servers themselves are 99.7% which is inline with the majority of hosting companies.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                          John - we replied to your support ticket re email - but you haven't replied with the info we asked for
                          I e-mailed it to you...

Please also be aware that all network status reports are posted to the "News" feature of our support desk, Pinbrook Clients can subscribe to this via RSS or login to the support desk and subscribe to receive "News" via email as we post.
                          I looked at the news last night (and again just now) and the only recent one I see is the one that you would be replacing your CP server between 11:00-15:00. There was nothing to say this went pear shaped, and as the sites disapeared around 22:00 (or at least that's when it was noticed, would be a bit annoyed to find out they were down since 15:00 or even worse 11:00) I assume you are not referring to that news item? Does this mean that subscribers/rss clients get extra news items that aren't posted in the news section?
                          John

Comment

Thanks for the info Jo the called number was the one off of an invoice. No response was had for the links when I tried to get to you at the time.

As I have now forgotten much about that incident and what happened at the time.
                            Hopefully we don't get another.

Duncan

Comment

Hi Jo

I do not remember seeing anything about a change over on the servers.

I have mentioned before that i would like to know so i can suspend my pay per click for all my sites. maybe all i lost was a 10ner but this is not the point.

And i would just like to add that the emails were also down at the same time, not sure how this is related to the web server?

Cheers
                              Darren

Comment

Working...
                              X