Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google listings.

Hi all hope that you can help!

How do i find out what page my site is listed on the search engines. I tried looking through google last night and gave up after an hour! Is there any programs you can recommend that will show me my site positions.

Many thanks,

Steve

http://www.click4curtains.com

There are many software programs out there BUT looking at your site and from what you have said it looks like your keywords will be below page 3/4 if you use software to check your keywords with google for pages this deep then you may have your IP blocked by Google.

Your site has very little text content - I would work on that first and install some tracking software to show you when people are getting to the site and what keywords they are using. Once you can see that your keywords are bubbling up then is the time to use a keyword check software.

Comment

Thanks Malcolm,

I will start adding more content. Its hard to see if things are working or not when you haven't got a starting point to compare to.

Regards,

Steve
      http://www.click4curtains.com

Comment

Its hard to see if things are working or not when you haven't got a starting point to compare to.
        Thats where the tracking software comes in - it provides the starting point.

Comment

I find the quickest and safest method to find low listings is:

Set your google preferences to show 100 results per page.

Use EDIT/FIND to search for your url on each results page.
          Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
          The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Comment

your keywords will be below page 3/4 if you use software to check your keywords with google for pages this deep then you may have your IP blocked by Google
            Hi Malcom

Do you mean that if I was to use one of the many web-based tools (such as Niche-bot) to check my google ranking on terms I am not so successful with (e.g. deeper than page 4) I may get blacklisted?

I was planning to use one of these sites - or maybe purchase a tool to start monitoring many of my terms. Perhaps not based on your warning. I wouldnt run it everyday - probably once a month - but am I risking getting blacklisted?

Paul
            KJ Beckett
            KJ Beckett
            Men's Clothing & Accessories
            Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
            Bath, England
            Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
            Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Do you mean that if I was to use one of the many web-based tools (such as Niche-bot) to check my google ranking on terms I am not so successful with (e.g. deeper than page 4) I may get blacklisted?
              You will not be penalised for using a web based tool as they only allow very limited checks to be done, they also use the Google API which bypasses the google search page.

Google will penalise your IP if you use a software tool to run automated checks on your rankings:

"Don't use unauthorized computer programs to submit pages, check rankings, etc. Such programs consume computing resources and violate our Terms of Service. Google does not recommend the use of products such as WebPosition Gold™ that send automatic or programmatic queries to Google."

Comment

Hi Malcom

Thanks! I was considering purchasising something like IBP 9 - I will now not!

It is a shame becuase the User Interface had a very good way of organising your watch lists (and help plan your work) but its nothing I cant do in excel - just less automation!

Many thanks

Paul
                KJ Beckett
                KJ Beckett
                Bath, England
                Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Hi Malcolm

It has just occurred to me - I have been using a program called Link Popularity Check - which lists the number of links a certain URL has on the top search engines - does this type of product have the same issue? I couldn't see any negative comments when I did a google search but...

Kind regards

Paul
                  KJ Beckett
                  KJ Beckett
                  Bath, England
                  Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

I have been using a program called Link Popularity Check
                    There are no problems with this tool.

IBP9 is very good and I think it gives an option to use the Google API which will solve the problem if you do not go too deep with your searches - it should warn you.

Comment

Hi Malcolm

Thanks. I have just started a new thread about IBP9 here to understand how other people have got on using it.

Furthermore I have just had a look at your website - I may be intouch to understand what optimisation work, and at what cost, you might be able to do on my "Smart themed" actinic 7 site.

Kind regards
                      Paul
                      KJ Beckett
                      KJ Beckett
                      Bath, England
                      Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Working...
                      X