hide components but still submit to cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hide components but still submit to cart

i need a way of hiding about 6 components each with 1 attribute and 4 choices attatched to one product......but i still pass them to the cart....they do not need to be visible.....i need this to achieve multiple stock control from one product.

prefferably i would like to default the 4 radio choices on each attrivute as selected......on other places in the cart i am using both drop lists and radio buttons.

any help would be great.;0)

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure if I understand this. You want to hide the components, attributes and choices but pass the value to the cart - how does the customer select the choice if they are hidden?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

i need the customer to be able to buy 1 product which reduces the stock level of 6 associated products....but i dont want any attributes or choices visible....i am seelin training courses.....and this 1 product is a full courses of 6 modules....i have certain dates which have a limited number of spaces, so i am treating these as stock levels and reducing them with orders...so i need to reduce the stock for 6 dates when they purchase 1 product....but need to keep it clean and simple so dont want any attributes visible.

hope that made sense ;0)

Comment

1 Product with 6 components. Each of the components should be linked to an underlying product.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi,

i already know how to ahcieve stock control with hidden products...the issue is i need to have these components/attributes...hidden on the product page....so they are defaulted as selected and then passed to to cart without the customer actuallt knowing they are there.

Comment

If you add the components/attributes and do not tick the 'is optional' box, then the customer will not be presented with any choices, but when the item is passed to the cart the components and attributes will show in the cart.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi,

I think I am confused as to why there are attributes and choices on the component. If a customer hasn't got a choice then you should just have a component and associate that to the relevant product in the site. Then just leave the 'HTML for Name' field blank and as Bill says don't select 'Is Optional' and nothing will appear on the product pages for it. It will show in the basket however.

Does this help?
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

thats the thing....i dont want them visible in the cart either....all i want them to see is the product they are buying...and nothing else....but i need the components on to reduce the stock level of six other products...sorry i think i forgot to mention i needed them hidden in the cart also.

Comment

What Tracey and I have both tried to tell you is that you can stop anything from being visible on the product page, but there is no way to stop the item(s) from showing in the cart.
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi,

I've just been trying to hide this stuff in the cart and have found that if you do the following it will work but you must either use 'Quantity on Product Page' or 'Quantity in Shopping Cart' as your shopping mode (otherwise the componente displays on the confirmation page):

- Open Windows Explorer and browse to your site folder (usually c:\program files\actinic v7\sites\Site1)
                    - locate 'ActinicOrder.pm' and (take a backup first) open it with notepad
                    - search for:
                    Code:
                    foreach $pComponent (@aComponentsIncluded)
                    - you should see:

Code:
                    foreach $pComponent (@aComponentsIncluded)
                    {
                         $ProdTable .= ProductLineHTML($pComponent->{'REFERENCE'},

$pComponent->{'NAME'} #. $pComponent->{'DDLINK'},

$pComponent->{'QUANTITY'},

$sProductLineHTML);
                    }
                    - Comment this out by putting a # at the beginning of each line
                    - save and close the file and update your site.

I have quickly tested this out and it seems to work for me but you would need to fully test it to make sure it has no adverse effects anywhere else on your site.
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi tracey,

i presume this would take effect across the whole site....the issue would be that i do actually need to display them for some products but not all.

no worries...thx anyhow.
                      ill see if i cant sort something else out.

Comment

Hi,

i presume this would take effect across the whole site....
                        That's right. I'm afraid that there is no way to do this for just some products and not others.
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                        X