merging problem????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

merging problem????

hi there when trying to upload the site i am still receiving this error message:

" an error occurred while merging files on the remote site. this website index has been corrupted. catalog is unable to update the index. Copy ../www./shop/acatalog/filltext.fil to ../www./shop/acatalog/fillfailed "

it then asks me to refresh the site- which i have done does anybody have any other ideas?

It says that the index can not be updated because it is corrupt. now i do remember reading about editing the templates and how it can corrupt files, will this be the root of my problem???

Are there any other things i should have done before trying to upload?

do a forum search on the keyword "merge files" to see how others have cured this error

Comment

many thanks,

just after posting the original message did that very thing and have found loads of people have has this same problems, am currently trying to refresh the site and re-try all that stuff, but i think it will fail and is more likely the permissions. i believe i have to change the cgi-bins permissions to 777 ( however that is done?)

Comment

Working...
      X