Errors after importing Sage Line 50 data - hierarchy problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors after importing Sage Line 50 data - hierarchy problems

I have recently updated the layout of our store by changing the layout in Actinic, and then changing all of the categories within the 'web' tab of Sage Line 50 Financial Controller (v11).

Actinic Link works without a hitch; however, when I import the file generated by Link into Actinic, it errors with the following message:

Code:
    Line 2327: A product with this reference already exist in another section
    Line 2466: A product with this reference already exist in another section
    Line 2467: A product with this reference already exist in another section
    Etc ...
    I know why this is: I have - for some products - four levels of hierarchy in the store - but Sage can only store information for three. So I have had to manually move those products within Actinic into the necessary sub-section. When I move those products out of the manually-created subsection and reimport, the errors cease.

My question is: is Actinic actually importing the data for these moved products, and the error is just informing me that the products have been moved into a different section, or isn't it updating these products (i.e. stock amounts, price changes etc.) because they have been moved into different sections? If the error is the former type, is there any way I can tell Actinic to ignore these errors? Or if the error is the latter type, is there any way around this so it will update the files?

I was surprised at these errors as Actinic is normally quite forgiving when you change the structure within itself, when a different structure is set in Sage. It doesn't come up with errors and therefore (presumably) updates the products where they have been moved to.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm using Actinic Business version 7.0.4 FEVA
    Last edited by Sadcase; 21-Aug-2006, 11:37 AM. Reason: Added Actinic version number

I've just tried a couple of tests - I've changed the quantity of a product in Sage, and added extra text in the web description section, but the information is not being transferred on import into Actinic.

After conducting a further experiment, it appears that by removing the structural entries from Sage's three custom fields it then allows the product to be updated. Even adding one level of hierarchy to these fields prevents it from updating.

Will removing this information for the products that are deeper into the site be the only way to ensure these products are updated, or is there another known workaround?

Comment

Mark,

There is no known workaround, I guess you have found the only way to have this working, the limitation is with Sage, perhaps would be interesting to approach them about allowing more levels.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X