Problem going from Pending to Completed in orders view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem going from Pending to Completed in orders view

I have a customer with a strange problem that I've seen reported elsewhere but don't know if there is a fix yet.

They are running 7.03 and have just transferred the system (using site snapshot) from an old PC to a new one. The transfer was standard - both identical versions of Actinic on XP SP2 PCs running Office 2003. There were no errors encountered during the transfer.

On the new PC, if they click from the Pending tab to the Completed tab they get a standard windows error saying that Internet Sales application needs to close, so I am guessing that this is something to do with the way that Actinic is communicating with Access. Have already tried compact and repair, and have purged the catalog.

When I first looked at this problem it happened 100% of the time. The database was 49MB and had about 18 months worth of orders. I trimmed these down to the last 6 months worth, which reduced the database to just under 27MB. Now it happens about 20% of the time.

As it was working fine on the old PC I am loath to start upgrading the Actinic system to a newer release (unless this is a known issue that has been fixed) in case we need to return to it...

Does anyoen know why this is occurring?

Thanks and regards,
    Martin B

I would suggest you raise a support query on this one @ http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm as we will need to see the database to check what is causing this.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X