Customised Search Facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customised Search Facility

Hi, I need to build in dedicated search functions in an area of my site. Basically I am writing up details on types of camera and would like to have a button that would then return details of all the products that fit the specific profile of the products I am describing. This will save me inputting a table and having to change it if I add/remove products.

For example two areas I would be discussing would be cameras with a large zoom lens and over 5 megapixels whilst another would be all cameras under £150. In these cases I would like to either send the details to fill in the standard search function or run a customised search with the detailed parameters.

I'm pretty new to web design and have no experience of Java. I have also looked through the relevant section of the advanced guide.

Myles,

if you want to use a customised search, you can do it using the workarounds in the Advanced Users Guide, page 55 for 'Manual Configuration of Advanced Searching'. If this work around does not suite your need, you will have to find a way to use javascript to do it.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X