Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Column Incorrect Spacing Hidden Product

Hi All,

I have a problem with the multiple column scripting within the advanced guide. When implemented everything works well when products are displayed as three products in 3 column. If there are three products in a row everything looks okay, one product in each column. If there are two products in a row as there are not enough products to complete a row everything looks fine.

However, if there are three products in a row and one product is configured as 'hide on website' we have a problem. The two remaining products are out of alignment. Having checked the code in this instance I can see that the two <td> cells that are created have a width of 33% and 33%. Here lies the problem, as there are only two products in the row, I end up with the products left aligned and a white space on each side which throws out the line-up with the row of three products above.

When only two products are contained on the last row this problem does not occur, the HTML shows the <td> cells with widths of 33% for the first cell and 66% for the second. The line-up is fine in this instance.

So, the problem seems to occur only when you have hidden a product on the website. Obviously the third cell is not created as the product is hidden. So I end up with two cells of 33% each.

I cannot seem to be able to resolve this.

Can anyone offer some guidance to save my sanity!

Regards,

Alan
    Kind Regards,

Alan Wyatt-Jones
    First4IT Solutions Limited

Hi Alan,

You have this issue being dealt with by support.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce,

I appreciate that this is being dealt with by support but I posted here to see if any of the other Actinic users could offer any help. I would like to add that this problem also occurs if I only have two products within a section, therefore it is more important that this problem is resolved urgently.

The hiding of a product may be a red herring based on the note above. From checking the HTML when I have two products defined, Actinic creates two table cells of a width="50%". My actual layout is 3 products per row, each <TD> cell should be width="33%" and the table should have cols=3. If the HTML is changed to reflect this, the page displays correctly.

I have included two screen dumps. The first 'image1.jpg' shows the incorrect layout as described above. The second 'image2.jpg' shows the correct layout when I change the HTML.

Can anyone tell me what part of Actinic is calculating these widths and inserting this HTML as I cannot find it.

Hope this makes sense.
      Attached Files
      Kind Regards,

Alan Wyatt-Jones
      First4IT Solutions Limited

Comment

Hi Alan,

The widths for these come from 'Design | Text'. Click on the 'Go To' button in the bottom left corner of the screen and in the 'ID' field type 1187 and click 'OK'. This will take you to a prompt with something like:

<TABLE width="100%"><TR>

that and the next three rows create the table that surround your section list. The cell width is set by:

<TD WIDTH="%d%%" valign="top">

I hope this helps.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X