Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access Customer Account Import

Hi

I have a few thousand customer accounts to import into Actinic. Producing a hierarchical file, or manually adding them to Actinic is going to take too much time or cause too many headaches to get the data set-up correctly.

So I wonder whether anyone has any advice or experience of importing customer accounts directly into the Actinic Access database? Is there anything I should look out for that might stop the site working? If I mess-up the import could it affect the product catalogue. Even if the import goes smoothly and the accounts appear to work, could there be a pitfall further down the line?

I know these are vague "how long's a piece of string" questions, but any thoughts or experiences of doing this are appreciated.

Many thanks

Anthony
    Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
    www.greenjersey.com

Can anyone who has done this or has a bit of advise to offer post here.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce.

If I'm honest I've already added in a test group of accounts and after one or two minor problems I got everything working. But though I've tested as much as I can, I'd still like to know if there are things to watch out for or problems experienced with the database later on.

When I called Actinic Support they advised me not to try this, as I would corrupt the database, but that's not the experience I've had so far.

Any thoughts welcome.

Anthony
      Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
      www.greenjersey.com

Comment

I would suggest using a hierarchical import file but maybe generating it from an access query. Easy still but safe.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X