domain and sub domain error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

domain and sub domain error

I have have created a domain name "goozshop.com" and a sub domain name "shirt.goozshop.com" they are two saprate sites.

When the user visits the (goozshop.com) and click on the link (shirt.goozshop.com) the pages shows up fine, but when they click on any links it automatically deletes the (shirt.goozshop.com) and replaces with (goozshop.com)

for example if the url link is (shirt.goozshop.com/acatalog/blue.html) it takes me to (goozshop.com/acatalog/blue.html)

I am using the smart theme from Actinic V7.

I been trying to figure this out for week now so any help is appreciated.

can someone please help me?

Comment

URLs given do not take us to a site where the problem can be seen.

Comment

Does this also happen if you enter shirt.goozshop.com and then go to goozeshop.com - i.e. do links then take you back to shirt?

The problem sounds as though whichever site they visit first sets a cookie, and the values from that cookie are then controlling the navigation, because the second site looks for and finds an existing cookie with a correctly formatted name.

Your solution would probably lie in adding a javascript action on the crosslink to delete the first cookie.
        Last edited by wjcampbe; 25-Aug-2006, 02:59 PM. Reason: remove incomplete sentence
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
          Does this also happen if you enter shirt.goozshop.com and then go to goozeshop.com - i.e. do links then take you back to shirt?

The problem sounds as though whichever site they visit first sets a cookie, and the values from that cookie are then controlling the navigation, because the second site looks for and finds an existing cookie with a correctly formatted name.

Your solution would probably lie in adding a javascript action on the cross link to delete the first cookie.
          Thank you for help, I thought that too ,but when I delete the cookies in IE and refresh the shirt.goozshop.com links dose not work. I have to close IE erase the cookies and then reopen the IE and type shirt.goozshop.com then it works.

How do I delete the first cookie using javascript action on the cross link?

Thanks in advance...

Comment

As Jo said, we would need working links to you real sites to see the existing code before we could offer specific solutions - without that we cannot get past general advice.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by jack
              Thank you for help, I thought that too ,but when I delete the cookies in IE and refresh the shirt.goozshop.com links dose not work. I have to close IE erase the cookies and then reopen the IE and type shirt.goozshop.com then it works.

How do I delete the first cookie using javascript action on the cross link?

Thanks in advance...

I try to upload it thanks

Jo are you sites up yet what about your phone lines? :]

Comment

Working...
              X