Disappearing buttons in Act_Order01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing buttons in Act_Order01

I've recently been trying to solve some issues with our checkout pages, but I'm completely stumped as to why two buttons on the page should choose not to display.

If you put something in your cart on the site and then select your country, you should be able to see what I mean.

The bits floating to the right of 'Country:' and 'Ship to separate delivery address:' are both buttons that should say something like 'Choose a seperate address', but they both appear to be hidden if you look at the page's source. They're not inheriting anything odd from the cascade, because as far as I can tell, there's nothing in the cascade that deals with them.

Any ideas on what's going on here? It could be that I've deleted something in my forays into Design | Text that has prevented them from functioning. If that's the case, does anyone know what the ID of these particular buttons would be?

Thanks.

Hi Rob,

You want to check
    Phase 0
    ID 18

in your "Design | Text"

The default here is normally "Change"

It looks, as you believe, that you have deleted this field.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Hi Fergus, thanks for getting back to me.

I just checked ID 18 phase 0 on the server and it looks like it still says 'Change'. It seems the problem may well be more insidious than the contents of a single field. Is there anything else that might be causing it?

Comment

Hi Rob,

I believe the issue may be with OrderScript.pl (still checking...)

the perl code that pulls in the "change" from Phase 0 ID 18 text is

$sChangeLocationButton

You may want to compare this file with the original OrderScript.pl file in your actinic original folder (C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Original)

If you have amended this file or had it customised in any way then this may be a reason for this issue.
        If it has not been edited in any way then I would suggest replacing with the file from the original folder and updating the site.

I'll keep on investigating.....
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

For anyone who experiences this similar issue, the problem was with the
          [checkout prompt]
          database table in actinic.
          This had been highly modified and simply overwriting this access table with one from a 'default' actinic site resolved the issue.

Interestingly, clicking "restore all defaults" in "Design | Text" did not rectify the issue as one would of assumed.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Working...
          X