Time Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Setting

How does one set the Actinic clock to local time?

Mitch

The time stamp on the orders will be whatever time was on the server's clock when the order was placed. There is no way to change this that I know of. I'll add it to the wish list.

Comment

time stamp

Chris,

I checked with our web host who confirmed our servers are in California which means the time stamp on orders should be PST. We are in Chicago and the time stamps are plus 5 hours (CST) making them GMT. Any thoughts.

Mitch

Comment

Don't know that this helps

This is a sort of by-the-way to this point.

In XML documents used for eCommerce (e.g. orders) it is conventional to use local datetime plus an offset to GMT. The receiving software should then sort out how it wants to handle datetime.

This doesn't in anyway solve the original question but it might be an idea for Actinic to incorporate into a future release.
        Chris Brown

Comment

I'm afraid I should correct Chris here. All server side times are converted to GMT by the scripts. It is done in sub GetActinicDate of ACTINIC.pm. If you want to change (in a plain text editor of course) this to use the server locale rather than GMT then you may want to change the line
          Code:
          ($sec, $min, $hour, $mday, $mon, $year, $wday, $yday, $isdst) = gmtime(time);
          in this function to have
          Code:
          ($sec, $min, $hour, $mday, $mon, $year, $wday, $yday, $isdst) = localtime(time);
          However this hasn't ever been tested by Actinic therefore there is no guaratee and you should do it at your own risk.

I hope this helps.
          Zoltan
          Actinic Software
          www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X