Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i get products and brochure fragments in 2 columns scrolling down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i get products and brochure fragments in 2 columns scrolling down?

hi. can anyone tell me what i need to change to get products and brochure fragments in 2 columns scrolling down instead of the default 1 column?
    thanks

You cannot do this for the brochure fragments but can do this for the Sections. Take a look in Design | Options | Sections .. enhance the 'First Row Column Count:' and 'Subsequent Row Column Count' to 2 to get the section list to appear in 2 columns. You will have to modify a template to get Products to appear as you want them to. Take a look at the Advanced Users Guide for v6 that you can download from the downloads area on the Actinic site.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

A hack for the fragments is to use a "text only" fragment and embedd an HTML table between !!< and >!! in the text area to create a faux 2 columns.

Depending on how good your CSS is this can also be done using 2 floated <div> elements also in a text only fragment

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

hi. ok did the 'design | options | sections and set the column counts to 2. thats exactly how i want my fragments to be displayed in brochure home page. if it can be done for the sections list, then surley it can be done for the brochure home page???

Comment

Originally posted by RiccoPlatinum
          if it can be done for the sections list, then surley it can be done for the brochure home page???
          Welcome to the world of Actinic pre version 8!

You can use HTML / CSS in the text fragment or if feeling adventurous Norman has a donationware hack over at www.drillpine.biz for multiple columns and products - this can be adapted for the brochure pages to create multiple columns

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks jont (i knew there must be a way). have checked out Normans 'multi column' fixes and all work lovely!!! cheers

Comment

Working...
            X