Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra Pages

Hi All

I'm probably stating the obvious but this is all relatively new to me. But how do I add extra pages for my products? I currently have the products in different sections but some pages consists of quite a few products with large images and Im worried that people with 56kps will because of the time exit before all images are displayed hence the need for page 1,2 and 3 etc.

Any help would be much appreciated

Aaron

If you add new sections underneath the current ones you will get a page for each one (just select a section, right click and select new section to do this), you can also get it to divide a section into 'x' pages for you (with a 'next page'/'prev page' button at the bottom), details of how to do this are included in the advanced user guide which is downloadable from the Actinic downloads page.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Many Thanks Jan

I've entered a new section but it shows up with the same gif, ideally what i want is a next and previous page like you said.

Ive gone into the advanced guide and it lists a html template to insert into the section i wish to have a previous and next but it doesnt say exactly where to place it. Surely I cant just insert it anywhere or can I?

Also what will happen when I do i.e what will I have to do to divide my products.

Many thanks

Aaron

Comment

I have just read through it as well and it is a bit brief. I think that we need Chris Dicken or some other clever person to explain.

My guess is that you have to divide the products into sections (you can specify the gif in the section details BTW) and then add the text into the template that the sections uses - there is an edit button for this template in the section details.

Regards
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan

I actually do want any gifs just the original to get into that product page then next and previous. But how to link them?

Im not as you have probably gathered that experienced with html other than i can edit with my frontpage if Im told exactly what to do.

Anyway thanks for your help so far

Regards

Aaron

Comment

You need to find a template called 'Act_Primaty.html' within your 'Site1' folder and open it in Notepad.

Then look for where it says NETQUOTEVAR:BULK.

Just above it, place the following code:

Code:
            <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
              <tr>
               <td>
            <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_URL">
            NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_NAME
            </a>
             </td>
               <td align="right">
            <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_URL">
            NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_NAME
            </a>
             </td>
              </tr>
            </table>
            This shoulp place next/previous links just above where your products and sections appear.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Will this split the products up into page size groups or do you have to do that yourself?

Regards,

Comment

Many thanks both of you I will try tomorrow and let you know how i get on

Aaron

Comment

Hi Chris

That did give me the previous and next sections. But what i actually want to do is make extra pages within one section.

The vast majority of products i sell in different sections dont consist of that many, but they is a few sections where there are quite a few products with images and its here i wish to seperate into pages.

Cheers

Aaron

Comment

Are you talking about creating sub-sections?

Just right-click on the section icon in Actinic that you want to create pages within, and then select 'New Sub-Section'. This will create a section within the current section.

Comment

Hi Chris

When i create a sub-section on the product page i wish to seperate it shows the same gif within that section as the one main gif to enter that section (Tho no image is selected). Instead of that gif i want either page 1,2 etc or next and previous

Thanks Aaron

Comment

Hi Aaron

If no image is specified in a sub-section, the image in the parent section will be carried through. If you want no image, you can either use a different section link layout (with no image) or use a pixel-width image with the background colour.

Ben
                        Ben Popplestone
                        Ecommerce website software

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                          Are you talking about creating sub-sections?

Just right-click on the section icon in Actinic that you want to create pages within, and then select 'New Sub-Section'. This will create a section within the current section.
                          Chris, what Aaron and Jan are asking (and myself, as I am working on a site where this would be useful) is this; will Actinic allow a user-definable maximum number of products per page? So, if the section is called Widgets and has 25 products, can the program limit each page to, say, 10 products?

I know it's possible to create more sections, e.g. Widgets1, Widgets, 2, etc., but this is not very elegant and doesn't look great in the section droplist.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious

Malcolm
                          ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
                          ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                          ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

No - Actinic is not able to automatically generate new sections based on a 'maximum products per page' limit. You do have to manually create new sections containing the products.

What it is possible to do, however, to aid navigation is to place links to the 'previous' and 'next' sections into the design. The code for this is earlier in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                              No - Actinic is not able to automatically generate new sections based on a 'maximum products per page' limit. You do have to manually create new sections containing the products.
                              Thanks, Chris. How about a page-splitter for Catalog v7?

Malcolm
                              ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
                              ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                              ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X