Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Determining if components have been selected for additional postage

Hi there.

I'm working on a site for a client (selling kitchen sinks), and they've got lots of products with various optional components to each product. They want to have postage set by item quantity, which is fine and set up, but now they want to have it so that a sink product with a tap component has a fixed postage cost, and then if the user selects any number of components in addition to the tap, then they get charged a one-off additional cost.
    If anyone could point me in the right direction, that'd be great - thanks!

maybe I'm going around this the wrong way - can I select some of the Components to not be included in the item count for determining delivery price
    (ie. any tap component would'nt be included, and selecting any other components would start to make the delivery price go up)?

is this possible? (or is there another way of achieving the same result?)

many thanks

Comment

Not excatly what you're looking for, I know, but you could give everything that should be charged for a weight of 1kg (say) and everything else that shouldn't be charged for a weight of 0kg. Then you could base your shipping charge on the overall package weight.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

i think that might well work - I needed a bit of lateral thinking, and it was just getting a bit late in the day for it!

thanks - i'll give that a go!

Comment

Ahh - can I give a component a weight?

Comment

Yes. I usually find the best way to handle components is to create a product and then associate it with the component. That way the component stock levels can be tracked and it can have weights, etc.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

ugh - this now gets even more complicated - I don't think I can have the taps as separate products as I'm using one of Norman's plugins to change a small image depending on the tap selected from the drop-down - which I think relies on information from the Choices.

So, is there any other way to mark some components as counting towards postage, and others to not be included?

thanks for any pointers!

Comment

Working...
              X